Non-Traditional Student Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fROMOHIO1

Reaction score
Not meant for MD Thread. My apologies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are stacking the deck against yourself. You've got all your eggs in one basket while most applicants will apply to 15+ schools with the understanding that they are likely to relocate for medical school and again for residency.

Applying to just one school might be okay if you had a 3.9/518 but you don't. Your GPA is marginal for medical school and your MCAT is below average in a process where the "average" applicant is not admitted (far less than 50% of applicants are admitted in each cycle). You don't seem ready to make any changes in your life to improve your chances such as taking a leave of absence from your job for a month and devoting 50 hours/wk to prepping for the MCAT.

You seem to be coming at this from a position of "I can't" and, I feel that you need to wake up and smell the coffee. What's more, depending on the school, you may be strung along for the entire cycle and you may not get a rejection letter until June of next year, if at all, which is a cruel torture but one that some schools practice.

Reactions: 1 user