Non-Traditional Student- RN to MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ry348bu123

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering applying to medical school and would like to assess my chances given my background. I am currently a medical ICU nurse at a top academic teaching hospital, with years of significant high-acuity clinical experience(29.6K hours in the hospital patient facing), including working in the COVID ICU during the pandemic. I hold a graduate degree in Nursing Education. However, I still need to complete Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics. I had a really rough start to my education but finished strong.

Could you provide insights into how my profile might be evaluated and what steps I should take to strengthen my application?

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 1.17.38 PM.png
 
Last edited: