MD & DO Nontrad Computer Engineering to Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cptnjack

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
edit: redacted until after app cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Other schools you can add:
VCOM (all 3 schools)
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
CUSOM
WVSOM
PCOM
It is worth applying to all your instate MD schools also as you are planning to do. You should be able to receive several DO interviews if you apply broadly.

Other schools you can add:
VCOM (all 3 schools)
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
CUSOM
WVSOM
PCOM
It is worth applying to all your instate MD schools also as you are planning to do. You should be able to receive several DO interviews if you apply broadly.

Thanks Faha, do you have any input onto my MCAT score? My b/b score was 123 and i'm afraid that might cause some issues with schools. Also, what about the touro's or is my MCAT too low for them? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Your best chances are the DO schools with your MCAT. You can try the Touros although your stats are below average for them.

Would a MCAT retake in July -> results in August help bolster my application for DO/MD schools or will that be too late in the cycle? Granted that I apply now with the current MCAT score.
Also, @Goro , would greatly appreciate your input as well into my situation and school list.

Current list for DO:

AT Kirksville
AT Arizona
ACOM
Arizona Midwestern
ARCOM
BCOM
CUCOM
VCOM( Deleted all three due to not meeting 6 total hours in 3000 biomed classes)
KCUCOM
LECOM erie
LECOM bradenton
LMUCOM
MUCOM
NYITCOM
NSUCOM
PCOM
PCOM -GA
RVUCOM - Might delete due to not meeting 12 hours of biology/lab
RVUCOM- CO -Might delete due to not meeting 12 hours of biology/lab
RowanCOM
Touro-Nevada
UNECOM
PikevilleCOM
UIWCOM
WVSOM
WCUCOM

Any advice on what else to remove or add?

Last edited:
Had to bump this because yolo, got into an MD school, and matched Urology. Persevere folks, it'll pay off.

Reactions: 3 users