MD & DO Nontrad WAMC; 506 MCAT, 3.44 cGPA, 3.38 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueScar

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA and sGPA: cGPA ~3.44, sGPA ~3.38 (post bacc 4.0 w/ 54 units)
MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 506 (126/124/127/129)

I originally graduated with a 3.19 cgpa, but did 54 credits of all A's in a DIY postbacc to raise it to 3.44.

State of residence: TX
Ethnicity and/or race: Asia

I have 200 hours of clinical volunteering experience at a clinic for the homeless, almost 150 hours shadowing, and I work as a research assistant (600 plus hours). I also have over 500 hours of nonclinical volunteering.

I recently applied to ALL my Texas med schools under TMDSAS, both MD and DO ( which are TCOM, UIWSOM, and SHSU)

The other DO schools I applied to under AACOMAS are:

AZCOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
ACOM (Alabama)
LECOM (all three schools, including the new one)
NYITCOM (both NY and AK)
PCOM (both south GA and Philly)
Touro (only Navada)

I just finished sending in secondaries for all the schools above. Is this list good, or should I add more? And what are the chances of me getting an actual acceptance? Is there anything I can do while I wait that would increase my chances (like letter of intent and such)? Thank you all for the help, I will update as my year continues!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You could add these DO schools to your application:
DMU-COM
CUSOM
ARCOM
You should receive many DO interviews. You may receive some interviews from your Texas MD schools also.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you Faha, I couldn't apply to ARCOM because I don't have a DO letter. I was going to shadow a DO this summer, but ya know. Covid.

Is there any stigma toward LECOM, or is that a thing of the past?