Apr 3, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
cGPA and sGPA: cGPA ~3.44, sGPA ~3.38 (post bacc 4.0 w/ 54 units)
MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 506 (126/124/127/129)

I originally graduated with a 3.19 cgpa, but did 54 credits of all A's in a DIY postbacc to raise it to 3.44.

State of residence: TX
Ethnicity and/or race: Asia

I have 200 hours of clinical volunteering experience at a clinic for the homeless, almost 150 hours shadowing, and I work as a research assistant (600 plus hours). I also have over 500 hours of nonclinical volunteering.

I recently applied to ALL my Texas med schools under TMDSAS, both MD and DO ( which are TCOM, UIWSOM, and SHSU)

The other DO schools I applied to under AACOMAS are:

AZCOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
ACOM (Alabama)
LECOM (all three schools, including the new one)
NYITCOM (both NY and AK)
PCOM (both south GA and Philly)
Touro (only Navada)

I just finished sending in secondaries for all the schools above. Is this list good, or should I add more? And what are the chances of me getting an actual acceptance? Is there anything I can do while I wait that would increase my chances (like letter of intent and such)? Thank you all for the help, I will update as my year continues!

Reactions: 1 user

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
  1. Attending Physician
You could add these DO schools to your application:
DMU-COM
CUSOM
ARCOM
You should receive many DO interviews. You may receive some interviews from your Texas MD schools also.

Reactions: 1 user
Apr 3, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Thank you Faha, I couldn't apply to ARCOM because I don't have a DO letter. I was going to shadow a DO this summer, but ya know. Covid.

Is there any stigma toward LECOM, or is that a thing of the past?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads