Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
I am definitely a nontraditional applicant. Can you please review my background and story and see how I should start my way towards medical school? Also, if there are random periods, my keyboard is broken so sorry in advance for that.
Age: 28
Academic Background:
-BS. in Physiology & Neurobiology & PreMed (GPA 2.79)(More on this in a minute)
Science GPA: 2.38
-MBA (Management of Tech) Top 25 School (grad 2022)
A little bit about the GPAs. It's been an uphill battle on the GPA front. In all honesty I had a really ****ty time in college. I found out I had a heart defect before sophomore year and everything fell apart. Two heart surgeries and a few critical care visits later and mostly everything is dandy, minus the destructive wake that destroyed my GPA. The only good thing here is a good story to write for an application. Here is a visual:
Freshman S1: 3.769
Freshman S2: 3.944
Sophomore S1: 2.082
Sophomore S2: 2.609
Junior S1: 1.250
Junior S2: 1.810
Senior S3: 2.900
Senior S4: 3.664
Through college and after college, I worked in pharmaceuticals for a. total of 8 years in both Regulatory Affairs and as a Project Manager. I did well professionally here.
I got disinterested in the corporate life and founded 3 companies all in the health and wellness area. Two of which I sold and one I still do which grosses around 3M a year (small, only three people). BUT I am positive I don't want to do it for the long run. It is soul sucking. I am currently working on my MBA and I want to go to medical school. It was the original plan when I got into college and I am still wanting to go so I figure that should be enough of a sign.
I have not taken the MCATs but have a solid year and a half to study while I do my MBA which isn't bad at all. I also can take classes over at the local schools in GA for next to nothing. If you were me, where would you dedicate your energy first (GPA revamp, MCATs, etc). Outside of my work and education, my resume is pretty extensive, Eagle Scout, developed a open education program at my last school and got them a. bunch of. grants, work as a consultant in a number of roles for large companies in health and wellness, etc. So the academics is going to be most of my challenge.
I appreciate any help and advice!
I am definitely a nontraditional applicant. Can you please review my background and story and see how I should start my way towards medical school? Also, if there are random periods, my keyboard is broken so sorry in advance for that.
Age: 28
Academic Background:
-BS. in Physiology & Neurobiology & PreMed (GPA 2.79)(More on this in a minute)
Science GPA: 2.38
-MBA (Management of Tech) Top 25 School (grad 2022)
A little bit about the GPAs. It's been an uphill battle on the GPA front. In all honesty I had a really ****ty time in college. I found out I had a heart defect before sophomore year and everything fell apart. Two heart surgeries and a few critical care visits later and mostly everything is dandy, minus the destructive wake that destroyed my GPA. The only good thing here is a good story to write for an application. Here is a visual:
Freshman S1: 3.769
Freshman S2: 3.944
Sophomore S1: 2.082
Sophomore S2: 2.609
Junior S1: 1.250
Junior S2: 1.810
Senior S3: 2.900
Senior S4: 3.664
Through college and after college, I worked in pharmaceuticals for a. total of 8 years in both Regulatory Affairs and as a Project Manager. I did well professionally here.
I got disinterested in the corporate life and founded 3 companies all in the health and wellness area. Two of which I sold and one I still do which grosses around 3M a year (small, only three people). BUT I am positive I don't want to do it for the long run. It is soul sucking. I am currently working on my MBA and I want to go to medical school. It was the original plan when I got into college and I am still wanting to go so I figure that should be enough of a sign.
I have not taken the MCATs but have a solid year and a half to study while I do my MBA which isn't bad at all. I also can take classes over at the local schools in GA for next to nothing. If you were me, where would you dedicate your energy first (GPA revamp, MCATs, etc). Outside of my work and education, my resume is pretty extensive, Eagle Scout, developed a open education program at my last school and got them a. bunch of. grants, work as a consultant in a number of roles for large companies in health and wellness, etc. So the academics is going to be most of my challenge.
I appreciate any help and advice!