Nontraditional student and research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureGirlBoss

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Short story: I'm a non traditional student with a bachelors degree in Social Studies Education (GPA 3.3) and Masters in Special Education (GPA 3.6). I am currently enrolled in a post-bacc program at a local university to complete my pre requisite courses for Med School and hope to finish with a GPA around 3.65-3.7. I plan to take the MCAT in the Spring. I currently work part-time as a ER Scribe and a Server. I am going on a Medical Mission trip this next month to Africa and plan to go on another medical mission trip next year as well. I also volunteer at a local hospital and other local organizations. The only thing I am finding difficult to fit into my schedule is research, how important is research when applying to med school?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You’re fine. Only advice I have is more community focus local vs. abroad with mission trips. The former holds more weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re fine. Only advice I have is more community focus local vs. abroad with mission trips. The former holds more weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response! I will work on getting more involved with local volunteering!