Sep 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm right there with you, feeling nervous and sad. If it makes you feel any better, I've been complete for 2-3 months at 24 schools with LM 81, and I've received only a single II.

Edit: I should also probably add that the II which I received (while I'm certainly grateful for it) doesn't give me a ton of hope, because I'm OOS for the school, and their OOS post-II acceptance rate is ~15%.
wow, it just blows my mind that with such solid stats people are still playing the same waiting game. I would think these schools would be jumping for you guys right away. part of my brain knows there are delays compared to traditional cycles, but im like hmm what are the chances that the delays are impacting 31 of the 33 schools i applied to haha. and then you see people with complete dates way later than your own getting looks already. its a big test, this waiting game. im sure you'll come out on top tho fam.

Reactions: 1 user

ChemEtoMD23

Can theoretically manufacture plastic
Oct 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
wow, it just blows my mind that with such solid stats people are still playing the same waiting game. I would think these schools would be jumping for you guys right away. part of my brain knows there are delays compared to traditional cycles, but im like hmm what are the chances that the delays are impacting 31 of the 33 schools i applied to haha. and then you see people with complete dates way later than your own getting looks already. its a big test, this waiting game. im sure you'll come out on top tho fam.
Agreed, it's hard to be patient. Thanks for the encouragement, and I feel confident you'll have success soon too!

Augustoweiner

2+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm right there with you, feeling nervous and sad. If it makes you feel any better, I've been complete for 2-3 months at 24 schools with LM 81, and I've received only a single II.

Edit: I should also probably add that the II which I received (while I'm certainly grateful for it) doesn't give me a ton of hope, because I'm OOS for the school, and their OOS post-II acceptance rate is ~15%.

Very similar. 80+ Lizzym, complete vast majority in July-August, one interview at lower-ranked OOS school that I have regional ties to, but not expecting much out of due to post-II acceptance rate.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

spottedcory

2+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2018
Wow... I really hope you all get more II's. There should be a second wave of II's coming out next week after Oct 15, no?
Hopefully! I'm also hoping it's still early. I'm high stat but I have a service heavy app, and schools would need to actually read my activities description to see my leadership, so maybe they just haven't read my app thoroughly yet

Last edited:

ChemEtoMD23

Can theoretically manufacture plastic
Oct 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Wow... I really hope you all get more II's. There should be a second wave of II's coming out next week after Oct 15, no?
Thanks, and a second wave would be really nice! Lol. Maybe I’m out of the loop, but what makes you say there will probably be a second wave of II’s after Oct 15? Do schools usually send a lot of II’s after the traffic rules have lifted?

Jul 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thanks, and a second wave would be really nice! Lol. Maybe I’m out of the loop, but what makes you say there will probably be a second wave of II’s after Oct 15? Do schools usually send a lot of II’s after the traffic rules have lifted?

Since schools start giving acceptances after the 15th, people who already got A’s from their top choices will be taken out of the candidate pool and those people will cancel interviews. Not sure how significant that number is but makes sense if schools send more invites after that.

KnightDoc

Probationary Status
2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Since schools start giving acceptances after the 15th, people who already got A’s from their top choices will be taken out of the candidate pool and those people will cancel interviews. Not sure how significant that number is but makes sense if schools send more invites after that.
Don't count on this! In normal cycles, people would drop interviews after they started receiving As due to the time and expense involved in attending them. In a world in which interviews are virtual, there is no reason not to take all interviews, just to see what happens. Someone might offer scholarship money that could be used to leverage money from a preferred school. Of course, some people will drop some interviews later in the cycle, but it is unlikely to be anywhere near as prevalent as in years past.

That said, there is no reason in the middle of October to be thinking about a second wave. We are barely in the first wave, which began in August and will extend at least through the end of the year. Many schools do not offer any As in October, and those that do offer relatively few. By most accounts, many schools have not yet released half of their IIs. It is way too early to be thinking that you need to count on a second wave!!

Sep 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Don't count on this! In normal cycles, people would drop interviews after they started receiving As due to the time and expense involved in attending them. In a world in which interviews are virtual, there is no reason not to take all interviews, just to see what happens. Someone might offer scholarship money that could be used to leverage money from a preferred school. Of course, some people will drop some interviews later in the cycle, but it is unlikely to be anywhere near as prevalent as in years past.

That said, there is no reason in the middle of October to be thinking about a second wave. We are barely in the first wave, which began in August and will extend at least through the end of the year. Many schools do not offer any As in October, and those that do offer relatively few. By most accounts, many schools have not yet released half of their IIs. It is way too early to be thinking that you need to count on a second wave!!
ouch, that does make a lot of sense. the first paragraph hurts

Microbe_Hunter

2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
More applicants than ever. Virtual interviews. Welcome to the era of a sub 30% acceptance rate to medical school

KnightDoc

Probationary Status
2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
ouch, that does make a lot of sense. the first paragraph hurts
Please don't let it -- the main point is that there is no reason to think about second waves in October.

Also, I raised this point last spring with mixed reactions from adcoms -- if schools don't increase the number of IIs to account for this, they are going to end up going way deeper into their WLs than normal, because all of these people not dropping interviews can still only attend one school, so if schools don't account for this by doing more yield protecting or issuing more IIs, they are going to have a problem next April. So, there's that! :cool:

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.