Northeastern Summer Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brighteyes1017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of taking a summer class at Northeastern this summer. Has anyone done this/have recommendations? Specifically it's a "blended" class that meets in person but also has online components.

(I am super limited by where I can go because I'm also working full time. I need something that meets in the evenings).

Members don't see this ad.

I don't recommend this.

EDIT: If you are in Boston, take night classes through Harvard Extension/Summer School.

Oh-- why do you not recommend it?

Unfortunately you can't sign up for summer classes anymore at Harvard extension school, only the fall, now..

Members don't see this ad :)
Not true:

http://www.summer.harvard.edu/

I went to NU and I thought the general quality of the instruction was awful and even worse in the summer. If you are just trying to bang out some pre-reqs or boost your GPA its probably fine.

Ahhh I didn't realize the difference between Harvard Extension and Harvard Summer School.

Turns out Harvard Summer school is about $3,000 per class and Northeastern's is half that. I think since I'll be paying for everything myself, I really can't afford that....

Thanks for your insights and thoughts!

AH true. I'm spoiled because I'm a matriculated student. Sorry.

Take whatever... take it at a CC...

So long as it does not indicate in your transcript that it's an online course and you are graded for it, no one's going to know... or care to find out.

Check with the northeastern adviser.