Northeastern University @ Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hcp

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm from New Jersey and I got accepted into the pharmacy program at Northeastern University for the Fall 2005 as a tranfer student. I still have an interview pending with Temple on the 18th and waiting to hear from Long Island University.

Anyway, I already submitted my deposit to save my seat. I was only $200. Does anybody have any information about this pharmacy school? I'm planning to stay on the dorms there, at least for the first year because I've never been in Boston before and I heard that it's expensive.

Also, I'll be applying for financial aid, and here is another question: My salary right now is $48k and I have about $80k in savings. Will this affect my elegibility in obtaining loans? I mean, tuition and board at Northeastern is almost 40,000 and want to have my savings for emergencies purposes and other expenses.

Thanks in advanced!

HCP

Members don't see this ad.

hcp said:
Hi Guys

I'm from New Jersey and I got accepted into the pharmacy program at Northeastern University for the Fall 2005 as a tranfer student. I still have an interview pending with Temple on the 18th and waiting to hear from Long Island University.

Hey Congrats first of all! I was wondering how many more years you have to do for the transfer program. And do you get a Pharm.D. after? Thanks. I didn't know that Northeastern had a Pharm. School. My friend is out there and I think I may want to transfer out there too! Any information will be great!

I had the hardest time looking up an application for Northeastern on their pharmacy website. Is it hidden or something? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I love Sushi~! said:
I had the hardest time looking up an application for Northeastern on their pharmacy website. Is it hidden or something? :confused:

You have to file an undergraduate application and select pharmacy as your 1st intended major choice. As a transfer, depending on the classes that you have already taken (pre-requisites), you will have to do 4 more years to get your PharmD.

hey when did you file? I think it's too late now...

I am happy for you !!

Hi! congratulations on your acceptance! I have also applied to Northeastern but have not heard anything yet. Do you already have a Bachelor's degree? anyway I am sure you will love boston. If you have any questions about the city, feel free to ask, I live here. Congrats again! :)

bostonamd said:
Hi! congratulations on your acceptance! I have also applied to Northeastern but have not heard anything yet. Do you already have a Bachelor's degree? anyway I am sure you will love boston. If you have any questions about the city, feel free to ask, I live here. Congrats again! :)

Hi

Yes, I have a B.S in Biology (May 2001). Right now, I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology II with lab, and Economics I. I don't think they require Economics, but most pharmacy schools do.

I applied in early February. I would recommend you to contact admissions and make sure they have everything... They gave me so much trouble before my application was finalized and ready for review (3-4-05). I had to re-send my transcripts and other documents because they said they never got anything! Use delivery confirmation if you mail them important stuff...

How is Boston? Is it true that is as expensive and New York City? Do you know how much is the rent for a single room apt? How much car insurance costs? How is traffic? Do you happen to know how is the area around Northeastern University?

Thanks in advanced!