Northshore-Evanston vs Lutheran General

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ordersol7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm an IM applicant looking to do residency in Chicago asking if anyone has experience with these 2 programs and can compare. I have also interviewed at Loyola, Rush, UIC, UIC-advocate, advocate masonic, and west sub and LGH and northshore are probably my top choices. I feel like I'd be happier at a community place vs an academic center, especially since i'm pretty sure i want to be a hospitalist, but both places have pretty good fellowship placement anyway if I changed my mind. I couldn't find many threads that weren't already a few years old so thoughts on these programs would be great. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
supposedly lutheran has been undergoing changes recently so not sure but they seem to have good fellowship placement. I think they're pretty equovical. UIC/Rush/Loyola are more competitive and considered better programs for chicago area but if you don't want to go there then you dont want to go there. r

Status
Not open for further replies.