Northwestern Letters of Rec

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by racergirl, Aug 25, 2001.

1. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member

Hey b&g's

Northwestern says they want three letters on letterhead blah, blah, blah.

Does anyone known if they will accept letters from a University letter file service? I mean the letters are there, I don't think it makes much sense to have my busy recommenders print out and send a special copy just for NUMS(<-- nice acronym by the way...I can't believe they call themselves that. Why am I interested in NUMS? What's a NUM? a cookie? a blowjob?).

But I digress. Does anyone have any info on this?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 6-8 Weeks

6-8 Weeks Senior Member

racergirl, sorry to be crude, but we should chat sometime! ;)

On a side note, most schools have unique requirements like either a DOB or AMCAS ID or SSN at the top of the letter. If you have waived your rights to the letter, the schools will respect that and accept it even if it doesn't have that "number" that they file by. They just ask for it because it is easier for them to file and organize the letters I suppose. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't do anything.

4. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member

they'll accept a letter collection service, considering their own undergrad campus uses one. i think the point was that they just wanted the letters to be 'official'.

i don't know if you were serious or not, but NUMS=northwestern university medical school. but no one calls it this--to me it was always NU Med.

5. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member

Thanks for the info Sandflea!

And no, I wasn't serious. I know what NUMS stands for, I just think it sounds hilarious..and kinda dirty.

Thanks to you too, 6-8. I did waive my rights, so haven't seen any of my letters. As to your other comment, Get your mind out of the gutter--There's barely enough space down here for me! ;) <--winky face right back at ya, baby.