Northwestern Mailed Interviews?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Northwestern just invited me to an interview and said that if I could not make the date they have allotted (they end interviewing this week), that i could have another school that I interviewed at mail them a copy of their evaluation. Has anyone ever heard of something like this???

Members don't see this ad.

That is the craziest thing I've ever heard. It wouldn't be a bad deal for you though if you can choose where you want the evaluations sent from.

Wow, that's strange... I have a really hard time believing that, considering NU has a fairly unique interview system (panel interview). But if this really is the case, pick a school where you rocked the interview, althogh I suggest trying to make the allotted interview if you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by nikoo
Northwestern just invited me to an interview and said that if I could not make the date they have allotted (they end interviewing this week), that i could have another school that I interviewed at mail them a copy of their evaluation. Has anyone ever heard of something like this???

Wow, that's very strange. Had you checked your status page before getting the letter?

When are they done interviewing exactly? It's been 2 months since my interview and I want my letter! :D

I moved heaven and earth to make the interview, I don't have much faith in this mail business! They said that this upcoming Friday is their final interview date for those who are wondering where NU is in the application process. They invited me a couple days ago so I think they are near the end which is good news for those of you waiting to hear back post-interview!

their last day last year was feb 14. so it's probably today.

as far as i know we are still having interviews next week. not sure though...too stressed about our cardio, resp, renal exam on monday.

The admissions office said they are interviewing through next week, and then done. This seems to be an unusual last-minute scramble to interview more people.

I was there Thursday, and they said the last day was next Friday.

That's rather strange of northwestern to ask for an evaluation from another school, especially with their unique interview style - you know, multi-interviewee panel interview.

It was kind of crazy, but kind of fun. Then 15 mts with the dean, and that's about it.

anyone know when we should hear from them?

Well, make the date! What's so hard about that?

I don't know anything about mailed interviews, but I'd show up for the one you've been invited to. If nothing else, you can see the school, etc.