Northwestern status page....YES I WAS RIGHT!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Don

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, I just received the letter from northwestern telling me the usual, "We are sorry to inform you....." so, if you receive a blank page everytime you try to log in to their status page, then I'm sorry to tell you, but you have been REJECTED!!! how sad is that? anyways, just wanted to let you all know that, and for those of you who got the blank page, but received good news through the regular mail...congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Dr. Don! I got the letter too! So what's next for you? I'm going for the big beefy MCAT score in April, then reapplying--maybe. I'm a little fried after this past AMCAS debacle, so I'm considering waiting another year or so to reapply.

nochaser, dude, I have no idea, I still have like 10 other schools that have not responded to me yet, so I'm hoping that one of those will be my lucky one, specially my baby UCLA!!!. My family is SDA so Loma Linda is also one of my top choices, and hopefully they will hook it up with at least an interview soon. UCLA/DREW is a great program, and seeing that they have strong views on health care for the underserved, that makes them one of my top choices as well. But bro, I don't care where I go, I just want to get in and start learning medicine. If for some reason it doesn't go well this year though, I'm thinking about doing the post-bac thing and then retake the MCAT....so far from the people that I have talked to, that seems to be the FOR-SURE thing! Georgetown was kind enough to send me a post-card offering me admissions to their post-bac program, did you receive that post card? anyways, I hope someone out there will want me! :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one of those fun fun short letters too.

did you notice there wasn't a return address on the envelope? it's like they are saying get the hell outta here.

oh well, at least i didn't have to experience the group interview.

Dr. Don,

I did not apply to Georgetown, only to area schools because my husband (I'm a Sista, not a Bro :wink: ) works for the city. Anyway, good luck to you with the rest of the schools you have yet to hear from. Oh yeah, that no return address deal, I almost threw it away because of that. Guess they don't want to waste good stationery on the rejects!!!

nochaser, sorry about that girl! yeah what the fu-k was up with their letter? That's wrong!!!! and the little sticker on the envelope? anyways, I know for a fact that if I have to reapply, I'm definitely not going to apply to Northwestern, George Washington (they're a$$holes too!!!), and maybe Georgetown (unless I do their post-bac program), anyways, so is that it nochaser? you only applied to chicago schools and no love from any of them? I'm sorry to hear that if that is the case....good luck in the future!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by oldman:
[QB]I got one of those fun fun short letters too.

did you notice there wasn't a return address on the envelope? it's like they are saying get the hell outta here.

QB]••••The letter extending an interview also didn't have a return address.. I thought it was bad news because of that and almost didn't open it...

so they have a standard policy of sending out letters w/o return addresses. i guess they decided not to splurge on envelopes with preprinted return addresses.

The return address for interview invites is on the back of the envelope. Check the flap.

Wasn't the lack of a return address one of the things we (as US citizens) were supposed to look out for during the Anthrax scare of 'ought-one?