Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IndyZX said:
hey, congratulations to all of you got status changes... im sure youll be getting great news soon enough!

for the rest of us mortals, the next decision date is February 25th, which isnt really that far away... i was thinking that wed have to wait till like really late spring or something.

i thought it was in march?

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone get anything via mail yet? i have yet to get a call, and am in total limbo.
thanks for posting your call info, and congrats, krelian.

only 3 more months for the next decision date, too. the past 3 have gone so fast, i am sure the next 3 will as well.

its senior year man, i want to hold on to every day. part of me wants to know, part of me is painfully counting down the days until the whole 'going out, waking up at 3pm on a friday afternoon, hanging out, and doing it all over again (and again)'

Members don't see this ad :)
IndyZX said:
its senior year man, i want to hold on to every day. part of me wants to know, part of me is painfully counting down the days until the whole 'going out, waking up at 3pm on a friday afternoon, hanging out, and doing it all over again (and again)'

i feel you. i'd love a nice, extended break before medical school.
the only thing, is lots of the "ivy" medical schools and the like don't announce until february-march anyway, so i resigned myself to waiting.
i'm sure you'll have something click pretty soon to get rid of some of the stress-

IndyZX said:

agreed, agreed, agreed!!! i'm sick of my engineering classes and other classes that are totally irrelevant to me now and can't wait to move on to medicine which i think i will like so much more. and i really wanna just know where i'm living next year already. but... i don't want it to all fly by either. i am soooo gonna miss going out numerous times per week when i should be studying or sleeping or something and then just blowing off everything the next day to recover. oh, and the sleeping in! boy am i gonna miss that. rolling out of bed so late that the sun is already down and thinking, ****, i still didn't get 8 hours of sleep!! these are the days...

okay, sorry to go so off topic.

bumping
has anyone heard anything whose status changed?
:luck:

I called them yesterday. They said nothing was sent out until Monday, so I am guessing that most of us wont see anything until after the holiday. Which makes for a long weekend, I am going to just try and forget about until Sunday. I told my parents I dont want a mention of Northwestern over Thanksgiving. Anyway, I tried to get the woman on the phone to just tell me, she took my AMCAS ID and then came back a few minutes later and told me to watch the mail. Which sounds bad, but I just keep think that everyone who had the change last year got in. Good luck to everyone and everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

KalebMD said:
I called them yesterday. They said nothing was sent out until Monday, so I am guessing that most of us wont see anything until after the holiday. Which makes for a long weekend, I am going to just try and forget about until Sunday. I told my parents I dont want a mention of Northwestern over Thanksgiving. Anyway, I tried to get the woman on the phone to just tell me, she took my AMCAS ID and then came back a few minutes later and told me to watch the mail. Which sounds bad, but I just keep think that everyone who had the change last year got in. Good luck to everyone and everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
I hate it how the administrative staff usually aren't allowed to tell applicants about acceptances over the phone. Northwestern hasn't mailed out waitlists or rejections yet. If the lady told you to watch the mail, it sounds like an acceptance. I don't want to get your hopes up too high, but if you were her would you tell someone to watch the mail if they got rejected!?? :eek: That would be quite mean and especially so considering turkey holiday is around the corner.

krelian said:
I hate it how the administrative staff usually aren't allowed to tell applicants about acceptances over the phone. Northwestern hasn't mailed out waitlists or rejections yet. If the lady told you to watch the mail, it sounds like an acceptance. I don't want to get your hopes up too high, but if you were her would you tell someone to watch the mail if they got rejected!?? :eek: That would be quite mean and especially so considering turkey holiday is around the corner.

I called today and the lady told me my letter was sent out yesterday? I don't know what that means, but she said to look for it on Friday. And they aren't allowed to let us know about decisions over the phone...

KalebMD said:

I was lucky enough to get a phone call from the dean on Friday, and was finally able to get in touch with her this morning. She told me that I should receive written notification of my accept today or Friday. As krelib said, I'm afraid of getting your hopes up too high, but I find it highly unlikely that the written notification would be a "let's see other people" letter. Good luck to you.

So, I've been complete at Feinberg since 8/6 and I still haven't heard anything. Is this normal? 3.5/42. Arg, this is so frustrating!

VFrank, I know of a friend who is in your exact same position (but with a lower MCAT score). I don't know how common it is for Northwestern to make you wait this long, but I guess you can always drop by the admissions office and ask.

Does anyone know if Northwestern pays for the flight for the second look weekend?

krelian said:
VFrank, I know of a friend who is in your exact same position (but with a lower MCAT score). I don't know how common it is for Northwestern to make you wait this long, but I guess you can always drop by the admissions office and ask.

Does anyone know if Northwestern pays for the flight for the second look weekend?

when i interviewed, my student host mentioned that they do reimburse for airfare.

VFrank said:
So, I've been complete at Feinberg since 8/6 and I still haven't heard anything. Is this normal? 3.5/42. Arg, this is so frustrating!

One of my friends from NU didn't get an invite from Feinberg until January or so and he was in a similar situation as you but with a lower MCAT as well. I've heard NU is slightly more generous for interview invites when it comes to NU students/grads. I think it's like that for most schools though. Good luck.

Ok, my status page changed last Friday, but I didnt get anything in the mail when I left to go home for Thanksgiving on Wednesday. Going home this afternoon, hoping the letter is there. Did anyone who had the status change get a rejection instead of an acceptance? Hoping the letter is in the mail and I got in, if I did withdrawing at all other schools.

KalebMD said:
Ok, my status page changed last Friday, but I didnt get anything in the mail when I left to go home for Thanksgiving on Wednesday. Going home this afternoon, hoping the letter is there. Did anyone who had the status change get a rejection instead of an acceptance? Hoping the letter is in the mail and I got in, if I did withdrawing at all other schools.

good luck! p.s. acceptance letter was in a skinny envelope!

So, I've been complete at Northwestern for over two months with no news. It seems like they make rejection decisions pretty quick, so I've been wondering what the hold up is. I called today to see if anything has changed and the secretary told me I could expect to hear something mid-December. Mid-December! argh! just get it over with! I know it's coming...

:mad:

hey kids-

if your status changed you are in. they don't reject anyone yet... only accept the ones they really like. so don't be scared, be happy!

they do indeed pay for your flight to second look weekend

northwestern is great. i encourage you all to come here if you are accepted. :)

-wu