Nose piercings and interviews!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have some sympathy for people who get facial piercings when they're younger and then decide to go to medical school and ask what they should do to best cover them up. But if you already know you want to go to medical school and don't yet have a facial piercing the answer is obvious--just don't get one.

I have two facial piercings. I just take them out while at interviews or school. It's not a huge deal for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have them take them out for interviews. Tattoos? Cover them up. Same as a job interview, 'nuff said. GL!

Medicine in the US is unfortunately capital-C Conservative in the Burkean sense (with all the attendant religiousity/spirituality, absolute deference to authority, etc.) unlike the liberal fields of law or finance, or the left-leaning field of academia. This will probably change with the increasing diversity of medicine and the liberalization of the healthcare sector (via payment reform, health insurance marketplaces, etc.), but who knows...