Not asking what are my chances...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes I was good!
I just spoke to student affairs at UF to check that they got my PCAT scores.
They have everything. They said I will probably hear in February or March.

As tempted as I was I did not ask What are my chances....
Understand, this is the only university I am applying to.
GPA 3.67 General and 3.81 Science
PCAT 93 composite
BS Chemistry 1997
Work: Drug Discovery.

So, I am not asking, but if you want to coment on my chances and get me through the next long 2 month wait, I would be so appreciative!
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Since UF only looks at science GPA, then 3.81 looks good. So does the 93 PCAT. Having a BS also helps. I think your chances are really good.

dgroulx said:
Since UF only looks at science GPA, then 3.81 looks good. So does the 93 PCAT. Having a BS also helps. I think your chances are really good.

YOU ROCK! That's what I wanted to hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
UF is my top choice too. When they calculate your science GPA... do they include 'everything' or just prereq sciences? For example, will it include my grades for biochemistry, molec bio I/II etc.. ?

I think somebody posted here before that they only calculate GPA on the science classes they list in their website as required.
I just checked and that is correct! Click on:
Admission Requirements &
Preprofessional Course Requirements
on this website.
http://www.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/

I think your stats look great! Just make sure you do a good job on the interview and I think you're practically guaranteed to be accepted. They like good personalities! :)

pharmagirl said:
I think your stats look great! Just make sure you do a good job on the interview and I think you're practically guaranteed to be accepted. They like good personalities! :)

I was always under the assumption that UF rarely interviews...

voskoboy said:
I was always under the assumption that UF rarely interviews...
Oops! I thought about that when I posted because I wasn't sure if they interview or not.

Just curious, is it common for schools not to interview?

pharmagirl said:

Thank you! I like your vote of confidence.
I think UF interviews just a handful of students. If I am picked, I am going to blame you! :laugh: :laugh: Just kiding! :laugh:

Most schools require interviews. However, there are about a dozen that do not require it, but select a few out of the pack to get interviewed, not sure why. One member got interviewed because he said that UF wanted to know why he didn't choose medicine with a 4.0 and 99 PCAT....

usi said:
Thank you! I like your vote of confidence.
I think UF interviews just a handful of students. If I am picked, I am going to blame you! :laugh: :laugh: Just kiding! :laugh:
:laugh: Your stats are so good, I'm sure you won't need an interview!