Not been accepted at my first choice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jumba2000

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted at DMU (Des Moines University-Osteopathic Medical Center)and am currently on the alternate list at OU-COM. As a resident of Ohio I am wondering if I have any way to appeal to OU-COM for additional consideration based on my acceptance at DMU? I was thinking of writing a letter to OU-COM but was unsure. If anyone has any experience or advice it would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Jumba,
As a fellow Daytonian and current 2nd year at UHS, I first want to congratulate you on DMU. In response to your inquiry, I say go for it. What do you have to lose? The "worse case scenario" is a seat in the class of '05 at DMU. I realize that the in-state tuition is much cheaper, though. I say write a letter to OU stating your desire to attend the school and practice within the state. Your desire to choose OU over DMU might possibly sway the "decision makers." Just my $.02 - good luck!

livquiv,

Thank you for your support in the matter. Its nice to hear from another Daytonian! I will write the letter but am still unsure about what stance I should take. Politely state I have been accepted at DMU and would like an answer back from OU-com on my acceptance? Or be more direct and ask them to get back to me by a certain date? Or any other approach for that matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey livquiv, if you quit dodging me I would be happy to give you some free ping pong lessons. I promise to go easy on ya.

By the way, shouldn't you be studying for the big FCM test next week
smile.gif

The only "lesson" you could give me is how to handle defeat with dignity. I do enjoy our "sparring matches" though, it helps prepare me for the more "capable" players.

Jumba,
Have you interviewed at OUCOM yet? If not, you might explain your situation to them WITHOUT giving them a "cut-off" date. I was in a similar situation two years ago. After receiving my letter, two other schools quickly gave me interviews after I let them know that I was still very interested in attending their school.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Jumba2000:
I have been accepted at DMU (Des Moines University-Osteopathic Medical Center)and am currently on the alternate list at OU-COM. As a resident of Ohio I am wondering if I have any way to appeal to OU-COM for additional consideration based on my acceptance at DMU? I was thinking of writing a letter to OU-COM but was unsure. If anyone has any experience or advice it would be appreciated.

-- I agree I say go for it. What do you have to lose? The "worse case scenario" is a seat in the class of '05 at DMU. The worst thing you can do is nothing.