not everyone got good news today...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andtheholograms

Showtime, Synergy!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for example, i got CANNED today (nicely though...they knew I would be leaving for med school anyway--hopefully--and they needed to get cut some baggage...and i did hate that job, so overall i was kind of happy about it). Do I need to inform schools when I get a new job? Or just talk about it at interviews if they bring it up? does anyone really care about this stuff?

Members don't see this ad.

for example, i got CANNED today (nicely though...they knew I would be leaving for med school anyway--hopefully--and they needed to get cut some baggage...and i did hate that job, so overall i was kind of happy about it). Do I need to inform schools when I get a new job? Or just talk about it at interviews if they bring it up? does anyone really care about this stuff?

well, at least you didn't get rejected from any schools.

talk about it in interviews. otherwise, don't bother.

Sorry to hear about that...the same thing happened to me a couple of months ago (in fact, my entire department got the boot...it's a long story). I plan on just explaining my situation at the interview...unless I go on a two or three month hiatus...then I might use it as an update (well, hopefully I'll have another job by then so that I have something *to* update :rolleyes:).

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a hold status from Buffalo, AND an interview invite from the only other DO school I applied to...not bad news, but I feel guilty not wanting to pay to fly half way across the country for a school I dont have my heart set on. It was overall the most eventful day I've had so far- just wish I had some of the excitement the rest of you have been having!

I guess there are worse things than not being able to hear anything because I interviewed only last week. Thanks for putting things in perspective!

thanks guys! I'm going to take a mini-vacation for a week before freaking out. I have a second job teaching with kaplan, so I'm not totally screwed. It'll be nice to sleep in in the mornings, drink coffee, read the paper, go to the gym!

anyway, thanks for the kind words, and GOOD LUCK this cycle!! here's to med school and no crappy filler jobs!

:luck::luck::luck: