Not giving the patients an explicit diagnosis in the room?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GotEM!

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took CS a while ago and am still waiting for my scores. I'm sorta freaking out because while I always did closing about next steps and workups I don't think I ever gave the patient an explicit diagnosis.

Instead I just would tell them id like to do X test to look at Y organ. Or something like that. Or id like to do X to make sure you don't have a (scary disease)

I would also always ask them if they had any questions and if the plan sounded good.

Once or twice they asked what I thought may be wrong and I would say it could be A or B, but we won't know for sure until we run more tests.

Ugh I'm worried I will fail the CIS component

Members don't see this ad.

Instead I just would tell them id like to do X test to look at Y organ. Or something like that. Or id like to do X to make sure you don't have a (scary disease)

I would also always ask them if they had any questions and if the plan sounded good.

Once or twice they asked what I thought may be wrong and I would say it could be A or B, but we won't know for sure until we run more tests.

This is the exact right thing to do. I think you'll pass just fine