CS: Is there one right diagnosis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the differential diagnoses, is there one diagnosis they are specifically looking for? Or is it meant to be vague/could be multiple things and so the order of the differentials don't matter? Also, the First Aid book seems to have a lot of differential diagnoses... some that seem a bit far off... would all of those be considered decent differential diagnoses on the exam? I'm having trouble understanding how they grade this.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For the differential diagnoses, is there one diagnosis they are specifically looking for? Or is it meant to be vague/could be multiple things and so the order of the differentials don't matter? Also, the First Aid book seems to have a lot of differential diagnoses... some that seem a bit far off... would all of those be considered decent differential diagnoses on the exam? I'm having trouble understanding how they grade this.

From my own experience, there were cases where they were looking for specific diagnoses while the others were vague and make you think of broad differentials.