Not scoring up to par on BS section, what do you all suggest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

roddick597

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my exam on September 11. I am averaging a 12 on the PS section and about an 11 on the VR section. But I can't seem to break a 9 on the BS section (ironic I know). What do you all suggest? I want to score a 36 on my test (praying for that), but my bio section is keeping me at about a 31-32.

What do you all suggest I do? Should I stick with this date or push it back to January.

Plus I am taking biochem this upcoming semester so maybe by the end of the semester I would have a better grasp on certain bio topics.
 
I've been posting a lot of study plans on the recent threads lately, and most of them apply to the bio section especially so you can just look those up. Beyond that, I recommend this:
-make a list of all bio/ochem concepts you're bad at. Use some sort of schedule/calendar thing online or otherwise to plan out a schedule where you will go through all of these concepts within a week (1.5 weeks if necessary). With this schedule also make sure you're doing practice tests every day.
-If you have EK and TPR subject books, go through the EK chapter on the topic first, and then go through the TPR chapter on that same topic taking notes, actively reading, and doing every ex. problem. Then go to khanacademy.org or just youtube and find a video going over that topic and watch it while going thru your notes and also taking more notes. Then do the chapter exam or practice material of EK and TPR.

I think you have the most to gain from following this plan because your PS/VR are up to par suggesting that you're proficient in science and reading comp. which means that bio won't be hard for you to pick up, just be sure to put in all the effort and not waste time about it. Good luck!