Not so great score in Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aimster45

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just asking for what you guys think....heres my scores

Verbal 63
Bio 90
Reading Comp 90
Quantitative 96
Chemistry 48
Writing 3

Compostite 87

I knew I was going to do sucky in Chemistry. It was my last section of the test and I haven't taken any Orgo yet. I was a dummy and set my schedule up so Orgo's were my last two science classes. Anyways I have a 3.6 GPA, just started working in a pharmacy. Just curious as to if you think that 48 in chem will keep me from getting in. One more question~is it possible or smart to write them a letter when applying explaining why I think I got a low score here. Do they encourage this kind of stuff when you're applying or no?

Thank you so much for any responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like you've got a great base built up to work towards applying. An 87% composite is still a great score so I don't think you need to worry at all. If you have great grades in Chemistry/Orgo then you don't need to worry about that particular subsection. Showing you got an 'A' in those will show them that you are indeed adept at that subject. I don't think a letter would be required nor wanted, just show them with your transcripts.

Best of luck in your applications,
Ryan.

RyanMaverick said:
Seems like you've got a great base built up to work towards applying. An 87% composite is still a great score so I don't think you need to worry at all. If you have great grades in Chemistry/Orgo then you don't need to worry about that particular subsection. Showing you got an 'A' in those will show them that you are indeed adept at that subject. I don't think a letter would be required nor wanted, just show them with your transcripts.

Best of luck in your applications,
Ryan.

Thank you very much :)

hey u did pretty well ...if u dont mind in detail could u tell me what books u studied and how... i didnt do good at all ...

Although that wasn't addressed to me, I'd like to refer you to this thread for information of study materials of successful PCAT writers.