Not sure how to feel about my DAT scores...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms.mollymay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I took my DAT and am not sure how to feel...

QR 15
RC 20
Bio 19
General Chem 21
Organic Chem 21
PAT 20
AA 19
TS 20

I feel like I did decent across the board except in QR which is pretty low.... What do you guys think about my scores overall? I knew I would do badly in math:(

GPA: 3.84 SGPA: 3.81

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I took my DAT and am not sure how to feel...

QR 15
RC 20
Bio 19
General Chem 21
Organic Chem 21
PAT 20
AA 19
TS 20

I feel like I did decent across the board except in QR which is pretty low.... What do you guys think about my scores overall? I knew I would do badly in math:(

GPA: 3.84 SGPA: 3.81
You're fine. QR is the least looked at section by dental schools.

I would call a few schools and see what they think about the 15QR.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm only applying to one school and their range of accepted scores go from 15 - 22

Have you thought about applying to more schools?

Honestly it's not an option this year. If I have to reapply then I will but this year I'm just sticking to one....I realize it's a bit stupid but Ive already made my decision

Honestly it's not an option this year. If I have to reapply then I will but this year I'm just sticking to one....I realize it's a bit stupid but Ive already made my decision
Which school is it? Do they have a cut-off score?
In this case yeah i'd call them.

That makes it easy; just call up that school and you should be good to go

Which school is it? Do they have a cut-off score?
In this case yeah i'd call them.
Colorado! I did a summer pre dent class with them and they said they accept scores ranging from 15-23

Oh ok. I'm assuming you're in instate applicant.
With a 19AA and a 3.8+ GPA you should have a good shot IMO.

I remember you from that other thread. You're OOS and not from one of those surrounding WICHE states. You do not have a good shot. Why is applying to more schools not an option? Is it money or like you said just a decision you made? I think you can definitely get into dental school this cycle, but colorado is really tough OOS so idk how good of an outlook it is.
I am from Arizona, a WICHE state