Not Sure How to Handle This

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1072382

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh... Do not contact admissions over this. I am struggling to understand exactly why you feel the need to self-flagellate over an earlier draft of your personal statement.

So you sent a draft to some recommenders in which you said a story that truly happened to you happened to your brother? And then after thinking it over, you scratched that aspect and submitted a final version that correctly put you in the shoes of the trauma? And now you're worried that your "dishonesty" will come to light by your recommenders contacting your soon-to-be medical school?

If I correctly interpreted your situation, absolutely do not move forward with any of the plans you are contemplating. And congrats on seeking out the help you need to better yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am totally confused by this whole post. But I agree with @viralhiker. Unless there is something you have once again left out, misstated or whatever just leave it alone. Make sure your therapist helps you work through this situation so down the line you don’t arrive at the Dean’s office and blurt it out.

Reactions: 2 users