Not sure what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammy1024

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My test is on Saturday but I've been getting headaches everyday. I tried to take an Advil to see if it would get rid of the headache but when I took a practice test today it was even worse.

I need a break from studying and am worried that I might get a bad score but I don't want to keep pushing the test and studying because I definitely need a break!

Any suggestions about what my options are??

Members don't see this ad.

My test is on Saturday but I've been getting headaches everyday. I tried to take an Advil to see if it would get rid of the headache but when I took a practice test today it was even worse.

I need a break from studying and am worried that I might get a bad score but I don't want to keep pushing the test and studying because I definitely need a break!

Any suggestions about what my options are??

If you are feeling burnt out at this point with your test in 3 days, take the next two days off. Go outside, go to the mall, go fishing, go do anything but sit at a desk and study anything MCAT related. Assuming you have been studying 2-3+ months, at this point two more days isn't going to make an ounce of difference on your score unless you further burn yourself out and have no energy for the exam when you actually sit for it.

Take the advice or don't but you are 100% better off not touching another book until after Saturday.

Thanks for all the advice.

I feel like the thing bringing my score down is that I'm not approaching the questions how other people, who do better, are approaching the questions.

I also feel like I understand A and then B but have trouble connecting them.

My content is the only thing that brings my score up but I wanted to know how other people are approaching questions.

Are people looking at the answers and saying like oh that probably would never be the answer because of how it is written or are mapping the difficult part of the passage?