1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Sammy1024, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Sammy1024

Sammy1024

My test is on Saturday but I've been getting headaches everyday. I tried to take an Advil to see if it would get rid of the headache but when I took a practice test today it was even worse.

I need a break from studying and am worried that I might get a bad score but I don't want to keep pushing the test and studying because I definitely need a break!

Any suggestions about what my options are??

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Pre-Medical
    It is too late to postpone now, take it and hope for the best. You can always retake if it doesnt go as you want.

4. anon01

anon01

Pre-Medical
    If you are feeling burnt out at this point with your test in 3 days, take the next two days off. Go outside, go to the mall, go fishing, go do anything but sit at a desk and study anything MCAT related. Assuming you have been studying 2-3+ months, at this point two more days isn't going to make an ounce of difference on your score unless you further burn yourself out and have no energy for the exam when you actually sit for it.

Take the advice or don't but you are 100% better off not touching another book until after Saturday.

5. mct2762

mct2762 Banned Banned Account on Hold 2+ Year Member

Medical Student

+1...studying these next few days is not going to help you.

6. Sammy1024

Sammy1024

Thanks for all the advice.

I feel like the thing bringing my score down is that I'm not approaching the questions how other people, who do better, are approaching the questions.

I also feel like I understand A and then B but have trouble connecting them.

My content is the only thing that brings my score up but I wanted to know how other people are approaching questions.

Are people looking at the answers and saying like oh that probably would never be the answer because of how it is written or are mapping the difficult part of the passage?

About the ads