Not sure what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EAPoetic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here's my situation. I was accepted to the PCOM SMP and the UNTHSC SMP. I am from Texas, so tuition at UNT is way cheaper. However, PCOM guarantees at least an interview if you maintain a 3.2 in their program. UNT offers no such guarantees, but the program is well respected by med schools. Also, I am sub 3.0 oGPA and sGPA. 507 MCAT retake. URM. The rest of my app is pretty solid.

Any advice on what I should do? Will I still get screened by med schools even if I do well in the SMP?

Members don't see this ad.

So here's my situation. I was accepted to the PCOM SMP and the UNTHSC SMP. I am from Texas, so tuition at UNT is way cheaper. However, PCOM guarantees at least an interview if you maintain a 3.2 in their program. UNT offers no such guarantees, but the program is well respected by med schools. Also, I am sub 3.0 oGPA and sGPA. 507 MCAT retake. URM. The rest of my app is pretty solid.

Any advice on what I should do? Will I still get screened by med schools even if I do well in the SMP?
UNT for the cheaper tuition. SMPs are a gamble. High risk but high reward.

There are MD schools (and all DO) that reward reinvention, so do well in the SMP and MCAT and you should be quite competitive.

What ethnicity?

UNT for the cheaper tuition. SMPs are a gamble. High risk but high reward.

There are MD schools (and all DO) that reward reinvention, so do well in the SMP and MCAT and you should be quite competitive.

What ethnicity?

Thanks for the insight.

Mexican American.

507 is my second MCAT attempt (499 was my first). Are you suggesting I should take it for a third time?