not yet received interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TDP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have MCAT score of 33 with GPA of 3.78 and SGPA of 3.7. Published paper as first author and second on the way in 5 months time. 100+ hours of shadowing. 100+ of medical volunteering. Also did leadership role.
I have applied in 23 medical schools specifically those taking MCAT score with median of 33. Any suggestions???

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have not applied in DO program. should i do it or just patiently wait as you suggested.

Members don't see this ad :)
Panic and start spamming update letters everywhere.

Wait a bit. Maybe apply to a DO school or two if you're really that worried. Remember that DO schools like seeing DO LoR's (so you know what you're getting into)

You and about 20,000 other people.

Patience is a virtue.

I have MCAT score of 33 with GPA of 3.78 and SGPA of 3.7. Published paper as first author and second on the way in 5 months time. 100+ hours of shadowing. 100+ of medical volunteering. Also did leadership role.
I have applied in 23 medical schools specifically those taking MCAT score with median of 33. Any suggestions???

Reactions: 5 users

It is still August and even the schools giving out interviews since July still have many more interview slots left to give out. Just remember it's very early in the cycle, don't let SDN get you too neurotic or discouraged :)

Good luck to you!

Last edited:
It's honestly SDN that is making you feel that way lol...I suggest staying off of it.

You see people in the school-specific forums posting that they've received interviews etc...but there are always only a few people out of tens and thousands of views (I know, not people) that the thread gets. Some people are already getting rejected, and that's even worse than silence.

Also remember that SDN represents only a very small portion of the community. It's fantastic getting advice from seasoned adcoms and medical students, but it can also make you extremely extremely neurotic if you spend too much time here.

You will be fine. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Relax. I have better stats than you, also an Ohio resident, and haven't heard much of anything from Ohio schools either.