note service at KCOM??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michmaki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a notes service at KCOM.........????

Also, can anyone tell me the drawbacks of living in the student apartments?? I feel like that is what I am going to do because I am not familiar with the area...and I'd rather, for my first year, be living with everyone who I know is in the same situation as me.....also, I figure most of the younger students would be living here as I am only 22.......any input would be awesome

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. There is noteservice at KCOM. It is a student organized and run service right now. Those that want noteservice are required to transcribe once in a while.

I live in the student apartments and enjoy the proximity to campus and Thompson Campus Center. Also, high-speed internet is included in the rent, so that's like taking $50.00 off the top. If you're single and don't have a lot of belonging that might require a large apartment or house, I would recommend the student apartments.

Are the student apartments pretty competitive in terms of the applications they receive??? Also, is there the possibility of living in the same apartment for two years....or is that not possible.....I just hate moving......also do all varieties of people live in these apartments or is it generally younger people........?????? Also, how much is cable and electricity usually?? Sorry, I'm trying to decide quickly if I want to live in the student apartments or find an apartment.....

Members don't see this ad :)
i am in the student apts here at kcom and they're alright. they're really close to campus and that's awesome, but they're definitely not the fanciest places in town. i have a one bedroom and rent is going to be $370/month next year. that includes heat in the winter (a big bonus) and T1 access via the schools intranet. cable (which I don't have) is about $40/month. some of my friends have cable, but very few of them have time to watch anything. you do keep the same apt for two years. there's actually a $50 charge for switching apts. my electric bill has not gone over $20 since i moved in in august, including two months of running two window ac units non-stop.

as to the note service here... there are a few people here in my class (1st year) that are doing it, but i don't know very many people involved. as far as i am concerned it's actually unneccessary. you get lecture notes from each prof which are basically just the same as what they tell you in class. powerpoints are available via the campus intranet. the only advantage might be the mp3s, but i barely have time to go to class the first time, much less listen to the whole lecture a second time. in addition, biochemistry does NOT allow audio recording of lectures. in my first two quarters that would have been the one worth having, but it's not available, nor will it be in the future (from what the dept has said). so, my advice would be to save your money unless you are an auditory learner.

anyway, that's about it. you can email me if you have any other questions.

later,
john