Notice to all Americans concerning this wedding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if y'all know this, but there was this war back in 1776 that says we don't have to give a **** about this royal wedding bull**** anymore.

I just thought I'd share this valuable information with everyone.

Now get this crap off of all of my news channels. I want to know what's going on in the world before I go to bed.

----

That is all.
 
I don't know if y'all know this, but there was this war back in 1776 that says we don't have to give a **** about this royal wedding bull**** anymore.

I just thought I'd share this valuable information with everyone.

Now get this crap off of all of my news channels. I want to know what's going on in the world before I go to bed.

----

That is all.

Best forum post ever. 👍 That and ridiculously high taxes, but mostly not watching royal weddings.
 
Last edited:
One of my local news reports referred to this wedding as "the Super Bowl for women." Not only is that IMNSHO sexist, I'm a woman and I'm not particularly interested in either.

About 10 years ago, the Super Bowl victory was decided at the absolute last second, and my chief pharmacist at the time kept raving about it and insisting that I borrow his videotape of the show, and I finally just flat out told him that I was not interested, and please don't ask me about this again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my local news reports referred to this wedding as "the Super Bowl for women." Not only is that IMNSHO sexist, I'm a woman and I'm not particularly interested in either.

About 10 years ago, the Super Bowl victory was decided at the absolute last second, and my chief pharmacist at the time kept raving about it and insisting that I borrow his videotape of the show, and I finally just flat out told him that I was not interested, and please don't ask me about this again.

Not sure how I missed this fact.
 
Meh... I ooohed and aaahed like the girliest person you've ever seen over the wedding as I watched it on my DVR this morning. I really don't care about the monarchy though. I just like watching beautiful weddings.

To be fair, I cried more during this year's Super Bowl... but that's 'cause my team won.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I watched it and enjoyed it. I've always been interested in British History and the monarchy, etc. Plus, it was a nice change of pace from all the doom and gloom on the news right now.

Didn't care much for the wedding, but it did spur me to dive back into some British history for like 2 hours today.

I was trying to figure out if the Queen can unilaterally dissolve the parliaments in Canada, Australia, and the UK and seize absolute power (theoretically yes).
 
Why isn't the Queen's baby daddy the King? I'd be pissed if I married the Queen and all I got was the Duke of Edinburgh or whatever the hell he is.
 
Why isn't the Queen's baby daddy the King? I'd be pissed if I married the Queen and all I got was the Duke of Edinburgh or whatever the hell he is.

A Queen who ascended to the throne by her own right cannot create a King by marrying someone. The King automatically would outrank the Queen and one can't confer a title greater than his/her own status. Prince Phillip wasn't even a prince of the UK at first. When they married he was given the title Duke of Edinburgh. Elizabeth II made him a prince of the United Kingdom at some time after that.

Trivia: he's a member of the royal family of Greece and Denmark, but had to renounce those titles to marry Elizabeth.

The King's wife is Queen, but not "the Queen" and is not assigned a "number." That's why Queen Elizabeth II's mother (the Queen Mum) was called Queen Elizabeth but was not "Queen Elizabeth II." The current queen is Elizabeth II. Elizabeth I ruled in the late 1500's and early 1600's. Both Elizabeth I and Elizabeth II were the primary monarchs, not Queen Consort.
 
A Queen who ascended to the throne by her own right cannot create a King by marrying someone. The King automatically would outrank the Queen and one can't confer a title greater than his/her own status. Prince Phillip wasn't even a prince of the UK at first. When they married he was given the title Duke of Edinburgh. Elizabeth II made him a prince of the United Kingdom at some time after that.

Trivia: he's a member of the royal family of Greece and Denmark, but had to renounce those titles to marry Elizabeth.

The King's wife is Queen, but not "the Queen" and is not assigned a "number." That's why Queen Elizabeth II's mother (the Queen Mum) was called Queen Elizabeth but was not "Queen Elizabeth II." The current queen is Elizabeth II. Elizabeth I ruled in the late 1500's and early 1600's. Both Elizabeth I and Elizabeth II were the primary monarchs, not Queen Consort.

You just earned that rocket scientist icon.
 
You just earned that rocket scientist icon.

Also, although Prince Phillip cannot be King through his marriage to the Queen, he IS in line for succession to the throne via his position as a member of the Greek/Danish royal family. I *think* he's a descendant of Queen Victoria. Most of the seated heads of state in Europe are in line SOMEWHERE for the British throne (King of Spain, Queen of Denmark, King of Norway). I guess all the royal families are connected somehow because it did not used to be common practice to marry commoners.

And thanks! I really think we need a NERD icon! 😀
 
Also, although Prince Phillip cannot be King through his marriage to the Queen, he IS in line for succession to the throne via his position as a member of the Greek/Danish royal family. I *think* he's a descendant of Queen Victoria.

Yeah via Princess Alice (Victoria's daughter). He's so far down the list it doesn't even matter.

So what's your opinion, do you think Catherine will use "Princess of Wales" when William becomes heir-apparent?
 
Yeah via Princess Alice (Victoria's daughter). He's so far down the list it doesn't even matter.

So what's your opinion, do you think Catherine will use "Princess of Wales" when William becomes heir-apparent?

Yeah, I think she will. I think people will want her to. Unlike Camila, who *is* technically the Princess of Wales. They just don't call her that because of the ugly history there.
 
I don't know if y'all know this, but there was this war back in 1776 that says we don't have to give a **** about this royal wedding bull**** anymore.

I just thought I'd share this valuable information with everyone.

Now get this crap off of all of my news channels. I want to know what's going on in the world before I go to bed.

----

That is all.

You're barred from Canada.

Sincerely,

The Canadian Head of State.
 
You're barred from Canada.

Sincerely,

The Canadian Head of State.

God Save the Queen!

2010_Queen_Stamp.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

We're awfully sorry aboot that though!

See, this is a common bull**** Canadian myth. I was told this ****ing crap when I was in Ottawa. I had to correct the tour guide at the war museum and I pissed off all of the stupid ass Canadians that were ******ed enough to think that Canada defeated the US in a war.

First off, Canada wasn't even Canada. Canada was Britain.

Second off, British troops burned the white house. They weren't wearing Maple Leafs. Canada was offered admission to the union and actually enjoy freedom from the tyranny of monarchy, but they chose to be a bunch of bitch asses. Because of this, you bitch asses still have a ****ing queen to this day.

Third off, who gives a ****, US troops burned Toronto already, anyway. So, ha.

Fourth off, American troops beat the ****ing **** out of them soon after that in the Battle of Baltimore and the Battle of New Orleans sending their ***** asses packing back across the ocean once and for good.

Upon which, England was expelled from the US, US citizens were no longer forced (for the most part) to join the British Navy, and Britain stopped hiring N.A. tribes to attack US citizens. Which were, more or less, the objectives from the US side of things, anyway.

The US went on to become the most powerful country in the world and Canada is its hat.

Though I'd like to move to Canada, just because of Toronto. It's an awesome town.
 
224091_1810111015421_1319340317_31941250_2383334_n.jpg


We stole that bitch's honeymoon thunder. Hahaha.

We should have tagged OBL and made it public the night before the wedding. That would have been the most hateristic "F You" to England imaginable.
 
I feel sad that I know this, but their honeymoon was actually delayed because Phillip (whichever douche just got married) because he has to go serve some time as a rescue pilot. Its my own fault really, I should have been reading something important while my girlfriend was talking instead of actually listening to her.