Notification of Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sleeper83

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok.... so how are we notified on Wednesday of the match results???? I'm surprised we haven't been emailed or anything already to let us know this.... little nervous...

Members don't see this ad.

ok.... so how are we notified on Wednesday of the match results???? I'm surprised we haven't been emailed or anything already to let us know this.... little nervous...

I don't know which service you are in but the navy said they would send out an e-mail message with the password to log onto the GME sit to get results.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm Army. When I was a medical student I think you got an email early if you didn't match so you could scramble into one of their positions if you wanted. Otherwise you just had to log onto the MODS website after 1200 (which of course wasn't up until at least 1230).

Hey all,
Does anyone know how Army fellowship applicants are notified? Do we sign into the mods.army.mil site on Wed and just get a yeah or nay (or deferred)? I really cant remember the process from 3 years ago...not a good sign. Looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Thanks all!

Each service notifies its members in a different way. For the Army, we log into mods and a new tab will appear with something to the effect of "Match Information". I think it is under the same tab that links to the document summary. I don't remember them ever sending out an e-mail or anything to tell us this, when I originally applied two matches ago. I am applying for a PGY-2 position and to my knowledge the fellowships work the same way. But the "scramble", called the Rebuttal Board, takes place approx 2-4 weeks after the original match. This is when people who didn't match or are unsatisfied with their placement can contest the decision. No one finds out early, "civilian deferment", transitional internships, and residency matches are all listed under the new tab that appears.
What I would like to know is, how did everyone know that the match was supposed to be on the 17th? I haven't received anything and to my knowledge, it is always on the 15th. Am I missing some vital info? Was certainly a disappointment this am...

Last edited:
The Navy results have been posted here for the last few years. Nothing there now, but it hasn't been password protected in the past so I guess it's considered public info. I'd expect that the URL will be live sometime Wednesday, unless they've changed it.

https://www-nshs.med.navy.mil/gmeapplication/secure/ResultsList.asp

Typically command-wide emails go out within a few hours of the Board's release too.

Each service notifies its members in a different way. For the Army, we log into mods and a new tab will appear with something to the effect of "Match Information". I think it is under the same tab that links to the document summary. I don't remember them ever sending out an e-mail or anything to tell us this, when I originally applied two matches ago. I am applying for a PGY-2 position and to my knowledge the fellowships work the same way. But the "scramble", called the Rebuttal Board, takes place approx 2-4 weeks after the original match. This is when people who didn't match or are unsatisfied with their placement can contest the decision. No one finds out early, "civilian deferment", transitional internships, and residency matches are all listed under the new tab that appears.
What I would like to know is, how did everyone know that the match was supposed to be on the 17th? I haven't received anything and to my knowledge, it is always on the 15th. Am I missing some vital info? Was certainly a disappointment this am...

check this link out....

http://www.mods.army.mil/medicaleducation/userlogon/PublicLOI_2008.htm

it says Dec. 17th as the notification date

Thanks, no match date info for PGY2 and fellowship applicants on our information bulletin. At least they told somebody for a change:) Good luck on Wednesday!