1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Notification of Match Results

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by Sleeper83, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Sleeper83

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    ok.... so how are we notified on Wednesday of the match results???? I'm surprised we haven't been emailed or anything already to let us know this.... little nervous...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BOHICA-FIGMO

BOHICA-FIGMO Belt-fed Physician
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't know which service you are in but the navy said they would send out an e-mail message with the password to log onto the GME sit to get results.

4. Sleeper83

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hmm.. ok, i'm army

5. BigNavyPedsGuy

BigNavyPedsGuy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think it works the same. When I was a med student we had an Army, AF and Navy person and we all got e-mailed.

6. bogatyr

bogatyr Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm Army. When I was a medical student I think you got an email early if you didn't match so you could scramble into one of their positions if you wanted. Otherwise you just had to log onto the MODS website after 1200 (which of course wasn't up until at least 1230).

7. D.O.nysus

D.O.nysus Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey all,
    Does anyone know how Army fellowship applicants are notified? Do we sign into the mods.army.mil site on Wed and just get a yeah or nay (or deferred)? I really cant remember the process from 3 years ago...not a good sign. Looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Thanks all!

8. ABCdef123

Resident [Any Field]
    Each service notifies its members in a different way. For the Army, we log into mods and a new tab will appear with something to the effect of "Match Information". I think it is under the same tab that links to the document summary. I don't remember them ever sending out an e-mail or anything to tell us this, when I originally applied two matches ago. I am applying for a PGY-2 position and to my knowledge the fellowships work the same way. But the "scramble", called the Rebuttal Board, takes place approx 2-4 weeks after the original match. This is when people who didn't match or are unsatisfied with their placement can contest the decision. No one finds out early, "civilian deferment", transitional internships, and residency matches are all listed under the new tab that appears.
    What I would like to know is, how did everyone know that the match was supposed to be on the 17th? I haven't received anything and to my knowledge, it is always on the 15th. Am I missing some vital info? Was certainly a disappointment this am...

#7 ABCdef123, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  9. pgg

pgg Laugh at me, will they?
    Moderator Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The Navy results have been posted here for the last few years. Nothing there now, but it hasn't been password protected in the past so I guess it's considered public info. I'd expect that the URL will be live sometime Wednesday, unless they've changed it.

https://www-nshs.med.navy.mil/gmeapplication/secure/ResultsList.asp

Typically command-wide emails go out within a few hours of the Board's release too.

10. Sleeper83

10+ Year Member

Medical Student

check this link out....

http://www.mods.army.mil/medicaleducation/userlogon/PublicLOI_2008.htm

it says Dec. 17th as the notification date

11. ABCdef123

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks, no match date info for PGY2 and fellowship applicants on our information bulletin. At least they told somebody for a change:) Good luck on Wednesday!

12. ABCdef123

Resident [Any Field]
    Anyone get their results yet?

13. psychbender

psychbender Cynical Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician