Nov 7th Psych GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Everglow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wrote the Psych GRE on Sat Nov 7th and was wondering if anyone else did, and if so, what were your thoughts? Tough, easy?

Discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

I just wrote the Psych GRE on Sat Nov 7th and was wondering if anyone else did, and if so, what were your thoughts? Tough, easy?

Discuss.

I thought it was on the easy side but having never taken it before that may be a misperception. ;)

What about you?

Discuss.

Heh. My first thought is that you are not from the U.S. if you said you "wrote" it rather than took it. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it too...it was alright, there were a few questions that I had no clue on so I just left them blank...I dont want to think about it, I just want my scores already, lol

I'm not too worried though because only a few of my schools require it, plus I'm already in a M.A. Psych program with a 4.0GPA which I think will override a bad score (not that I think I'm going to get a bad score)

Yeah it wasn't too bad, although it seemed like there was a lot of psychological physiology compared to all the practice tests I did. And yes prison, I'm Canadian. How did 'wrote' tip you off?

Yeah it wasn't too bad, although it seemed like there was a lot of psychological physiology compared to all the practice tests I did. And yes prison, I'm Canadian. How did 'wrote' tip you off?

It's just not a grammatical construct that Americans use - We "take" exams or tests, or occasionally "sit for" exams or tests, but never "write" them. It's because European and Canadian style high school and college exams tend to be more essay-driven, whereas American style exams have a lot more multiple choice, short answer, etc. "Write" doesn't make much sense when you're talking about multiple choice et al...

It's just not a grammatical construct that Americans use - We "take" exams or tests, or occasionally "sit for" exams or tests, but never "write" them. It's because European and Canadian style high school and college exams tend to be more essay-driven, whereas American style exams have a lot more multiple choice, short answer, etc. "Write" doesn't make much sense when you're talking about multiple choice et al...

You're right. I didn't catch that. I guess those years in the UK have rubbed off on me (and also why I can't give blood- the US considers me too high risk for mad cow!)

I'm stronger in biopsych so that may have been why it seemed easier.

I took it too...it was alright, there were a few questions that I had no clue on so I just left them blank...I dont want to think about it, I just want my scores already, lol

I'm not too worried though because only a few of my schools require it, plus I'm already in a M.A. Psych program with a 4.0GPA which I think will override a bad score (not that I think I'm going to get a bad score)

I'm taking it because I don't have a GPA like yours! I have heard the subject test is relatively unimportant unless you are borderline (and the DCT on this forum confirmed that).

I'm taking it because I don't have a GPA like yours! I have heard the subject test is relatively unimportant unless you are borderline (and the DCT on this forum confirmed that).

umm not borderline personality disorder, but I am sure you all knew that! ;)

Too much coffee this am!