nova application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alamov

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi

i am new to this forum. this year i am applying to nova. my stats are:

part1/2: 86/not yet taken
gpa: 3.66
toefl: 94
nationality: indian
u.s experience: 6 months as da

do i have a chance at nova? guys who applied to nova can you please post ur stats. do we have to submit personal statement along with the application?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, what happened? nobody is responding. if we know our stats, it will help us in knowing our chances at nova, and we can discuss about any doubts in the admission process. so please respond here.

Hi

1- I want to apply to NOVA, my question is do I send the toefl results myself or do I order the results from ETS? (what is the Toefl institution code for NOVA?)

2- If you have applied to NOVA, can you please write about the application process.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't submit the application yet. i requested ETS to send my TOEFL score. if you don't mind, can you share your stats here.

do nova university accept gpa less than 3? plz help me
i want to applicate for nova this week.

I have applied to NSU last week. I think we can attach our personal statement along with the application.

hi anthony 83,
sometimes they accept students with gpa less than 3

hi usdds
they left separate columns for the special circumstances which might aid the committee in selecting our application and our preferences for selecting nova.
i think these are the things which we include in the personal statement. did you attach ps along with the application?

guys, if you don't mind, post your stats. so that we can have an idea whether we can get the interview call or not.

hi anthony 83,

hi usdds
they left separate columns for the special circumstances which might aid the committee in selecting our application and our preferences for selecting nova.
i think these are the things which we include in the personal statement. did you attach ps along with the application?

guys, if you don't mind, post your stats. so that we can have an idea whether we can get the interview call or not.
hi
does anybody know how many seats they have for ftds usually?

Hi Alamov,
I just wrote the special circumstances that might aid admission committee to consider for an interview but on the last page where we have to write the reasons to apply to Nova I just attached my personal statement. Hope this helps.
my stats, NBDE 1&2 87/80

hi anthony 83,

hi usdds

hi anthony 83,

hi usdds

thank u alamov
so can i apply for nova
because in their web site they need gpa equivalent to 3?

hi usdds,
thanks for your reply. did you submit the application by hand or by mail?

hi anthony 83
you can apply. sometimes they consider applicants with gpa less than 3.

Hi alamov,
I sent my application through mail. I live in Canada.
hi usdds,

hi anthony 83

hi usdds,

hi anthony 83

i also plan to apply to nova do you know wht we have to write for the special circumstances cos i dont understand wht they r asking for .ur help would be appreciated thanks and wht abt the toefl institution code

Members don't see this ad :)
i also plan to apply to nova do you know wht we have to write for the special circumstances cos i dont understand wht they r asking for .ur help would be appreciated thanks and wht abt the toefl institution code

The toefl institution code is 5514

Just write down how you could help them decide that you are a good candidate for them.

can i send recommendation letters to nova by myself?
or should be sent directly from evaluators?

Hi! Does anyone know if NOVA has some kind of deferral process?
Thanks

Hi

Anyone wants material to prepare for bench exam at NOVA..esp wax blocks/carver,pm me.

Thanks

Does any body know, when will NOVA send interview calls? or rejection letters?

Does any body know, when will NOVA send interview calls? or rejection letters?

i called them 3 days ago and they told me that my application is complete and
interview calls will be in the first week of march

Thanks for the reply, I've been also trying to call them but nobody answered, Can you please give me the phone number you called?

OK, Part I 85, Part II 76, Toefl 102, GPA 2.83...
NOw, what are my chances? I already apllied for NOVA, still waiting... Are thay call on the phone???
And why is nobody saying anything specific about the bench test???

hi

I got the invitation letter for the bench test in Nova. Anyone who got the invitation can you please share your plans for preparing the bench exam.

thanks

Was it in an email or phone call?

i too got interview call for nova ............can anyone plz suggest me how tp prepare for bench test.........how many seats they have and i have heard that they have reservation for mexicans .......is that true.....i have never done crown prep.......can anyone suggest me where can i learn it......plz help me......

i got interview invitation yesterday from nova too.
how many students they take each year?and how many they invite for interview?

how can we prepare for the bench test and case analysis presentation?

Hi,
I got Interview from Nova and I'm planning to attend. Did you guys get the manual as yet?

hi

I'm an Indian .
I got the invitation letter for the bench test in Nova. Anyone who got the invitation can you please share your plans for preparing the bench exam.
Can I get email or any other contact information for bench test preparation?

I would be highly appriciate for help.

thanks

Hi,
I got Interview from Nova and I'm planning to attend. Did you guys get the manual as yet?

i made the payment for the bench test few days ago and i think i gonna receive the manual tom
how u gomnna prepare for the test and wuts common subjects for case analysis?

Hi Alamov,
I am planning to go to a nearby dentists office and practice for bench test. I wonder how to prepare for case analysis.

Hi, Spearhead, thank you for sharing your way of preparation. I too planning to go to the nearest dentist's office. I have not started yet.

Hi Jaldhara, I am also an Indian. where do you live?

I am also going to NOva ,but any idea how many seats do they really have it. they say to me 35. Do u think this information is wright. please clerify because its huge amount for exam.
Any advice is really appreciable.

they are number one liar like most of the schools admission coordinator,,,they dnt have seats in 30s or i think not in even 20s..information is wrong and number of applicants invited are also the wrong numbers....so i am trying to figure out is it worth paying to them or not...they are simply collecting money from us...

they are number one liar like most of the schools admission coordinator,,,they dnt have seats in 30s or i think not in even 20s..information is wrong and number of applicants invited are also the wrong numbers....so i am trying to figure out is it worth paying to them or not...they are simply collecting money from us...
if you don't believe the admission coordinator who are you going to listen to? Last 2 years NSU admitted around 20 IGD. They plan to have new clinic to increase class size to 150 probably in 2 years(this I knew from a good source, anyway class 2008 had 106 students included 5 IGD, current class 2009 has 120 students included close to 20 IGD...)
So 30 is about right.l. Hope this helps.

hi guys
i askes them how many students they gonna take and they said at least 22
and they invited 64 fot interviews.

hi guys
i askes them how many students they gonna take and they said at least 22
and they invited 64 fot interviews.

well, why they are keep changing the numbers of seats they have..ok lets take it other way...they are even changing the numberes of applicants called for interview. the truth is they have called 80 students and I have seen the list. but one thing is for sure. they dont have seats in 30s..but yes i would say they might have it around 15 or below. my point is they are giving us absolute hope by saying that they have 30-35 seats and 60 are called for interview.

Its kind of big issue. very strange, i asked them personally that how many seats do you have for IDG, she said 30 for 69 called for interveiwing. I dont know either what is riht or wrong but definately there are not sure . i thinkif someone can call lipmann and ask for this question. Secondly ,i heard they prefer green card and mexians ,carabian. i am so confused , can anyone solve this mystery. its matter of 2500. they cant play with us .

Its kind of big issue. very strange, i asked them personally that how many seats do you have for IDG, she said 30 for 69 called for interveiwing. I dont know either what is riht or wrong but definately there are not sure . i thinkif someone can call lipmann and ask for this question. Secondly ,i heard they prefer green card and mexians ,carabian. i am so confused , can anyone solve this mystery. its matter of 2500. they cant play with us .

They can't tell you exact number because of D1 may have couple students have to repeat, transfered.....

padhyein ,can you tell us something with u r experiance. as i m indian hat are the chances and approxmately how many seats do they have it . please guide me , i am really confused wheather to go for it or not

padhyein ,can you tell us something with u r experiance. as i m indian hat are the chances and approxmately how many seats do they have it . please guide me , i am really confused wheather to go for it or not
Don't be fool and don't go there. My class 2008 IDG 5 ( 2 indians, 1 chinese, 1 iranian, 1 latino). Class 2009 seems to have more latino but I saw couples indians I don't have exact details. I think if they like you and test go well you will have a chance. I am not IDG so I don't know the bench test. But you have to know the fact that, the seats are limitted, so if you get interview, you should go. I know a faculty (IDG and latino oral surgeon) didn't get in last year. I don't know why. PM if you have any question.

Last edited:
As you said in previousthread there may be 20 to 30 seats. but now you said that it is 5IDG students. anyway ,please and please guide me for case analsis .what they ask and how we should respond to this exercise. your every advice is precious for me.

As you said in previousthread there may be 20 to 30 seats. but now you said that it is 5IDG students. anyway ,please and please guide me for case analsis .what they ask and how we should respond to this exercise. your every advice is precious for me.
Did you see I said my class 2008? which was 3 years ago-not your class 2012

Last edited:
sorry for mis understood as i was thinking my class of 2009. can u guide me with case analysis. thanks

I am not an IDG, so I don't know about the case analysis, bench test.

I got the booklet, when I saw case presentation i freaked out!!! I have no clue how to prepare for that! Still staring into the guide book and don't know where to start! If anyone come up with anything please give us an idea at least where to begin!

I got the booklet, when I saw case presentation i freaked out!!! I have no clue how to prepare for that! Still staring into the guide book and don't know where to start! If anyone come up with anything please give us an idea at least where to begin!
hi sunfun
I am also appearing for NSU but have not received the packet . can you little bit explain in detail how case analysis they have mentioned . is not the same way of part 2 clinical. How you find difficult. As soon as i receive packet i will help you if i understand. Please describe little more about it. thanks

Last year they accepted almost 30 students, you have to practice for bench test, for case presentation try to find info related to your case, try to speak English fluently and don't forget your confidence!!!!

Let me tell you something if you are Latino welcome to the club, most of the students and even professors talk Spanish, this school is hectic so many exams and lab works. That Latino surgeon that one mentioned before got accepted to the program because of her responsibilities she couldn’t attend.