NOVA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

just interviewed there (11/10)! posted interview feedback..:D

just got my interview invite. Nervous, it will be my first one! aahhhhhh :wow:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who interviewed and was accepted or pending!

I received the same email as some stating that upon review of my application I am being considered for an interview, and to please fill out supplemental application to have an invitation extended.

I sent supplemental that same night (Nov 11th) and just received my pcat score yesterday (nov 19).

But my score was a 60 :(:(

What do you guys think?????? Do i have a chance of making that interview? my overall app is very good and my reasons (essays) behind my career choice are as well.

I'm so nervous!!!!!!!!!!! :scared::scared:

It seems that Monday is the day that everyone gets their invites or acceptances.

I received the same email as some stating that upon review of my application I am being considered for an interview, and to please fill out supplemental application to have an invitation extended.

I sent supplemental that same night (Nov 11th) and just received my pcat score yesterday (nov 19).

What do you guys think?????? Do i have a chance of making that interview? my overall app is very good and my reasons (essays) behind my career choice are as well.

I had a 60 when I got the invite. The rest of my app I'd like to think was decent, and they especially liked my personal statement. I'd go for it, good luck!

did you receive an invite yet? im still waiting for good or bad news...turned in my supplemental 2 weeks ago : /

I had a 60 when I got the invite. The rest of my app I'd like to think was decent, and they especially liked my personal statement. I'd go for it, good luck!

thanks Dave, i'm keeping my fingers crossed :thumbup:

Does anyone know the story behind Nova's probation in 2008-2009? I so badly wanted to inquire about this during my interview but I wasn't sure if that would be appropriate.

Interesting... never even heard about it. Are there any articles online about it?

I read somewhere in the forum about it, and it is sad, actually. I got accepted to Nova pharmacy school recently...YEAAAAA :thumbup:. For what I read, the probation status depends on different variables, not necessarily because the school is bad. Remember people that at the end is not like they will take away the accreditation and they will kick you away from pharmacy school, and you will have to pay everything back without a pharmacy job. Probably, you will have to relocate somewhere and keep up with your education. At the end, it does not matter much if you have great faculty or not because you will be learning by yourself, and if you want to be a great pharmacist, you will even become a pharmacist without help from anyone. Don't get discouraged, don't get politics and rules, get you dream down. keep up!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
December 1st and I have not heard back from Nova yet.....:scared::scared:

Here's something to cheer some of us up; I spoke with a pharmacist today at walgreens (always strike up convo with this guy, hell of a dude) and he said they tend to invite towards the very end if not beginning of the year for those who are not applying mid year.

He could just be saying this to ease my pain since he surely saw the desperate/nervous/confused/unstable look on my face when I told him I had not heard back.

lol =/

December 1st and I have not heard back from Nova yet.....:scared::scared:

Here's something to cheer some of us up; I spoke with a pharmacist today at walgreens (always strike up convo with this guy, hell of a dude) and he said they tend to invite towards the very end if not beginning of the year for those who are not applying mid year.

He could just be saying this to ease my pain since he surely saw the desperate/nervous/confused/unstable look on my face when I told him I had not heard back.

lol =/

That's really weird that you haven't gotten the invite yet because they told you that you were considered for interview upon submission of your supplemental, correct? I got my invite literally the next day after I sent my supplemental (I got the same message as you).

Try checking your spam mail, or contact NOVA to inquire.

How much/long did you study for the PCAT, if any at all?

Hi

Did anyone applied for pharm D international track ?

I applied 5 months ago for 2011 intake.

I didnt heard anything from University :sleep::sleep:

How much/long did you study for the PCAT, if any at all?

I didnt study much at all, I think a few weeks before the actual test. I was very comfortable with the material but the time restraint is what did me in. I was not able to finish chemistry or math, I'm retaking the test on the 22nd of January and mainly focusing on improving my timing. But as of today, I still have not heard back from Nova.

I sent them an email tonight, particularly to the person who emailed me stating that I was "being considered for an interview".

Could my low PCAT score provoke them to retract their interest in my application? :(

I didnt study much at all, I think a few weeks before the actual test. I was very comfortable with the material but the time restraint is what did me in. I was not able to finish chemistry or math, I'm retaking the test on the 22nd of January and mainly focusing on improving my timing. But as of today, I still have not heard back from Nova.

I sent them an email tonight, particularly to the person who emailed me stating that I was "being considered for an interview".

Could my low PCAT score provoke them to retract their interest in my application? :(

im sure they will tell you that your file has been placed on hold until your fall grades are in. (are u missing any prereq?)

im sure they will tell you that your file has been placed on hold until your fall grades are in. (are u missing any prereq?)

As a matter of fact today I received an email from Nova, theyre waiting for my organic grade that will post on the 18th. They will even let me email an unofficial transcript As soon As my grades post. So that's very good news, today I got an A in my lab, almost positive lecture will be the same.

I'm very optimistic! :xf:

As a matter of fact today I received an email from Nova, theyre waiting for my organic grade that will post on the 18th. They will even let me email an unofficial transcript As soon As my grades post. So that's very good news, today I got an A in my lab, almost positive lecture will be the same.

I'm very optimistic! :xf:

:thumbup:

I decided not to accept my admission offer so good luck to someone else!

I recently interviewed too, but I'll likely withdraw my application if I get accepted.

Congrats to everyone with an interview/acceptance to the Davie campus!!

I was accepted for entering class of 2011! Very happy.

Just wondering who is attending for sure. Wanted to meet some of you before we start. My name is David from Miami/FIU.

Also, I interviewed on oct. 27th and was curious about those of you that interviewed w/ me. Let me know if you are going to attend for sure.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone with an interview/acceptance to the Davie campus!!!

I was accepted for entering class of 2011! Very happy.

Just wondering who is attending for sure. Just wanted to meet some of you before we start. My name is David Gonzalez from Miami/FIU. Currently a tech for publix pharmacy.

Also, I interviewed on oct. 27th and was curious about those of you that interviewed w/ me. Any news, were you accepted, are you going to attend??

Hey David ,
Congrats on the acceptance ... I was curious on how the interview was cause I'm going tomorrow and I'm nervous... any pointers let me know.. thanks!

Hey David ,
Congrats on the acceptance ... I was curious on how the interview was cause I'm going tomorrow and I'm nervous... any pointers let me know.. thanks!
Hello Alosa. Sorry its kind of late. Dont know if you are going to read this in time for your interview, but the Nova interview was my best so far. They say that they play good cop/bad cop. I know this is true because of my other interviews, but in Nova's case, it was more like nice cop and nicer cop. lol. The two professors that interviewed me were young and down to earth. Very nice ladies. The only difference between them is that one was more serious than the other. I was very comfortable and it was about 30 minutes long. One of them was pregnant (the nicer cop) hopefully she interviews you. They ask you questions about your transcript if there are bad grades and things like that and expect you to give an explanation as well as what you did to improve yourself. The first thing they are going to ask you is why pharmacy and why Nova. They are very interested in hearing why you chose nova so have a good reason. Somehow I got away with not being asked about current events, but I have a friend where they asked about a current event....

Thats about all I can remember right now. Good luck! You'll do fine. After the interview you'll be like "thats it??".... Its not so bad when your done with it. Let me know how it went.

just received my interview invitation for Nova, I am interviewing on the 25th of January. I am very excited!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

I got my acceptance today!! I interviewed last week. I know admissions met on Friday so if you guys interviewed recently, you should know soon if not already!!

Does anyone know if Nova will be okay with me taking a class in the first Summer A session to graduate? They gave me the condition they wanted my Bachelors degree but it's not looking like I'll get it until end of summer A. I emailed them, but does anyone else have previous experience with this matter? The class isn't a pre-req for nova, but it is for my degree.

Congratulations to those accepted!

What a great feeling I'm feeling:banana:!!! Also accepted!!:soexcited:

Nova accepted
Temple Interviewed
Lecom-B January interview
Lecom-E January Interview
South January Interview

Congratulations to those accepted!

What a great feeling I'm feeling:banana:!!! Also accepted!!:soexcited:

Nova accepted
Temple Interviewed
Lecom-B January interview
Lecom-E January Interview
South January Interview

You can apply and interview at both LECOMS? Which of those 5 schools on your list is your top choice? rank em all :)

Just got accepted to NSU yesterday as well! I interviewed a week ago (dec 14). I have a few other interviews scheduled for January, looks like I'm not going to those anymore! I am STOKED. Whoever got in too, congrats! I will see you guys in August.

I got my acceptance today!! I interviewed last week. I know admissions met on Friday so if you guys interviewed recently, you should know soon if not already!!

Does anyone know if Nova will be okay with me taking a class in the first Summer A session to graduate? They gave me the condition they wanted my Bachelors degree but it's not looking like I'll get it until end of summer A. I emailed them, but does anyone else have previous experience with this matter? The class isn't a pre-req for nova, but it is for my degree.

Yeah thats fine. Your classes need to be completed by summer 2011 so you're good.

You can apply and interview at both LECOMS? Which of those 5 schools on your list is your top choice? rank em all :)

Yes you can apply and interview at both LECOMs. Even though it is one school, the two campus are treated separately.

Ranking
Nova: #1 (My family loves the FL weather):biglove:
LECOM-E: # 2 ( three year program very attractive to neglect):love:
Temple: # 3 ( Reputable school) :bow:
South:# 4 (3 year program, but the cost nearly wipes the benefits):bang:
LECOM-B: # 5 (Need to have a back up plan :D)

Just got accepted to NSU yesterday as well! I interviewed a week ago (dec 14). I have a few other interviews scheduled for January, looks like I'm not going to those anymore! I am STOKED. Whoever got in too, congrats! I will see you guys in August.

Congratulations!! Which campus are you planning on going?

Does anyone know anything about housing down in Davie by Nova?

Does anyone know anything about housing down in Davie by Nova?

If you are referring to in-campus housing, I called today and they said its about 7,000 for the year if you share with other students. Now you will have your own private room but will need to share kitchen, bathroom, living room area, and so for. It may be less if you don't live there in the summer. For an apartment just to yourself is about double that. But I advice you to call to be sure.

Thank you. I'll be going to the ft. Lauderdale campus no doubt.

Nice live in between the WPB and Lauder, closer to the WPB though, I haven't decide which one. we'll see...

Last edited:
Nice live in between the WPB and Lauder, closer to the WPB though, I haven't decide which one. we'll see...

True yeah I live in Tampa (go to school in tally at fsu) so they're both equally as far...I'm persistent with the ftl campus because it is the main campus. I loved it when I interviewed.

True yeah I live in Tampa (go to school in tally at fsu) so they're both equally as far...I'm persistent with the ftl campus because it is the main campus. I loved it when I interviewed.

I think the main campus would be best because that's where all the professors would be so if you needed help, it'd be a lot easier. That's what our tour guide said anyways. It would suck to make the trek from WPB to Davie if you had to see the professor.

I think the main campus would be best because that's where all the professors would be so if you needed help, it'd be a lot easier. That's what our tour guide said anyways. It would suck to make the trek from WPB to Davie if you had to see the professor.

Yep, which is one of the reasons why I'll be going to the Ft Lauderdale campus. Will you be going there too or are you waiting to hear back from another school ?

I am strongly leaning towards going to Nova. I really liked what I saw down there, but I'm still leaving myself open and waiting to see what UF says. More than likely though, I will end up in Nova Ft. Lauderdale!

I am strongly leaning towards going to Nova. I really liked what I saw down there, but I'm still leaving myself open and waiting to see what UF says. More than likely though, I will end up in Nova Ft. Lauderdale!

What are your stats? I'm also interested in NOVA, staying close to family and I've been to Gainesville twice and I don't think I'd be happy there for four years.

3.35 overall, 3.17 science.

I got an interview with a 67 composite, but I took it again and got a 77 composite.

Composite Score: 77
Verbal Ability: 77
Biology: 80
Reading Comprehension: 58
Quantitative Ability: 73
Chemistry: 77

3/3 writing

Is there a Facebook group created for the new class? If not, I'll be willing to make one!

Last edited:
3.35 overall, 3.17 science.

I got an interview with a 67 composite, but I took it again and got a 77 composite.

Composite Score: 77
Verbal Ability: 77
Biology: 80
Reading Comprehension: 58
Quantitative Ability: 73
Chemistry: 77

3/3 writing

Is there a Facebook group created for the new class? If not, I'll be willing tomake one![/QUOTE

Idk if there is a Facebook group but if you make one let me know that sounds like a good idea so we can all get acquainted before school starts

i plan on applying in the 2012 session but want to know if any of you got in without any PHARMACY experience. THANKS :D

also i wanted to know did you have all pre reqs complete when interviewed or some left? I still would have to do organic chem 2?

for those who accepted admission and sent in deposit..did you ever receive any sort of confirmation?