Nova secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Svart Aske

Dental Padawan
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think a number of you received the secondary link from Nova today.

Does it annoying anyone that it requires the applicant to, "List all the Dental Programs to which you are applying this year or to which you have applied in the past (include year, program/institution, if you had or will have an interview, and current status)."? Are they not going to offer an acceptance if they think the applicant is more likely to attend somewhere else?

Members don't see this ad.

i agree, i think it is weird they want to know where else i applied.. also my question is if i am still taking two classes but dont know where yet should i even write that i am taking it?

Does it annoying anyone that it requires the applicant to, "List all the Dental Programs to which you are applying this year or to which you have applied in the past (include year, program/institution, if you had or will have an interview, and current status)."? Are they not going to offer an acceptance if they think the applicant is more likely to attend somewhere else?
Svart......I noticed the same thing today! will they know if you are applying to other schools if you dont list them?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, you should tell them where you are applying.
I think if you believe that you will get acceptances from schools other than Nova, you might want to let Nova know that you like the school in the ,"Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application" section.

Same question about other dental programs was on the UNLV supplementary.

the only thing is if i applied to a lot of schools will the adcom frown upon my application to nova?

Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application..... wat do u write here???

Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application..... wat do u write here???

I'm wondering the same thing.. does anyone know?

I didn't write anything...sounds to me like another "Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely..." question.

what would u guys write if u plan on taking two courses but dont know when or where yet , just know you will do it before going to dental schools

I was a little lost with what they exactly wanted for the special circumstances as well, such broad nebulous question.

I also think a lot of secondary applications ask you about schools you're applying to because I had a couple of friends say during interviews they ask you why you applied to such and such school and they would kind of corner you on a question.

For example, a friend told me during one of his interviews, that the interviewers asked him why he wanted to go there and he included research in his answer and they said well why did you apply for "such and such" school if you want research in a dental school. Referring to a dental school that wasn't really known for research.

My Questions are about this thing they ask: ."List the college courses in which you are currently enrolled and those you plan to complete prior to matriculation (include subject and course number, course title, institution name, and term taken or term to be taken). If you change these projected courses, be certain to inform us. .
.***A final transcript must be submitted when this coursework is complete.***.."

I already graduated. Should I just put "I graduated from XX with a baccalaureate degree?" and send my final transcript to them now?

anyone knows?

I didn't write anything...sounds to me like another "Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely..." question.

Yeah I wasn't really sure what they wanted here either...so I'm thinking to just leave it blank b/c I don't have any "special circumstances". Is anybody else doing the same thing?

Members don't see this ad :)

Why is it annoying? It's an question where they may be able to check your integrity. List the schools and be proud of doing so.

I thinking that I could put something that makes me unique in the special circumstances questions..... :confused:

My Questions are about this thing they ask: ."List the college courses in which you are currently enrolled and those you plan to complete prior to matriculation (include subject and course number, course title, institution name, and term taken or term to be taken). If you change these projected courses, be certain to inform us. .
.***A final transcript must be submitted when this coursework is complete.***..".

.I already graduated. Should I just put "I graduated from XX with a baccalaureate degree?" and send my final transcript to them now?.

.anyone knows?.

They dont need your transcript if you already graduated, thats already been done through AADSAS. They are just saying if you are planning on taking summer or fall courses, that they will need an updated transcript after you complete those courses. In your case, and mine as well, you don't have to put anything in that box or a simple N/A because it already shows on your AADSAS that you graduated.

I didn't put anything in the special circumstances section, just left it blank.

okay so I am planning to add 3 more schools on my list but not completely sure yet. So, do i mention those schools too in the "List all the Dental Programs to which you are applying this year or to which you have applied in the past (include year, program/institution, if you had or will have an interview, and current status)."?

okay so I am planning to add 3 more schools on my list but not completely sure yet. So, do i mention those schools too in the "List all the Dental Programs to which you are applying this year or to which you have applied in the past (include year, program/institution, if you had or will have an interview, and current status)."?

If your not completely sure, I wouldnt add them. The question states "are applying" not "plan on applying."

Put them in and say: "XXX dental school (planning to apply this year)" or smth like that. Let them know that you are thinking about applying there.

Why is it annoying? It's an question where they may be able to check your integrity. List the schools and be proud of doing so.

Well, I don't think the purpose of the question is merely to check the applicant's integrity. It just feels like the school's decision will hinge upon where else the applicant has applied. I listed all the schools anyway.

They dont need your transcript if you already graduated, thats already been done through AADSAS. They are just saying if you are planning on taking summer or fall courses, that they will need an updated transcript after you complete those courses. In your case, and mine as well, you don't have to put anything in that box or a simple N/A because it already shows on your AADSAS that you graduated.

Thanks!!!:)

for reapplicants...

curious as to how long people plan to write in each of those three responses...

I'm at 3 sentences for each

just looking for thoughts on length, thanks

Are you guys also mentioning that you are applying to NOVA in the "List all the Dental Programs to which you are applying this year" question? Obviously, its a given that we are applying to Nova since we received this supplementary application, but just wondering if I should still include them on the list or just name all the other dentschools i have or planning to apply to....

Are you guys also mentioning that you are applying to NOVA in the "List all the Dental Programs to which you are applying this year" question? Obviously, its a given that we are applying to Nova since we received this supplementary application, but just wondering if I should still include them on the list or just name all the other dentschools i have or planning to apply to....

No need to list it...they aren't idiots

I forgot to mention Canadian schools so I emailed the school about this issue. They said no to worry about it and that it would not affect the selection process at this time.

Hope that helps.

haha... i put it on my list and I put it as #1

Has anyone recieved an email confirming that they have recieved your secondary application online? If so, did you have problems opening up the pdf file for a copy of our application?

It doesnt' seem to be working for me.

yea I couldn't open it up either. I'm thinking of e-mailing them tomorrow.

I'm glad you posted that you too are having problems, it looks like I have never filled out an application now.

I just sent them an e-mail. When they respond (hopefully tomorrow) I will post the solution.

Yeah, my link doesnt work either.... pdf doesnt seem to be in the correct format or something.

for reapplicants...

curious as to how long people plan to write in each of those three responses...

I'm at 3 sentences for each

just looking for thoughts on length, thanks

I wrote a good 1-2 paragraphs for each. I wasn't sure at first if there was a character limit, but apparently there is a 2000 character limit for each answer. I found out b/c I had 2011 characters for one of the answers and it gave me an error message.

Got an e-mail response back today.

"Thank you for your application to Nova Southeastern University. I apologize for any inconveniences caused by not being able to open your application. I will be sending you a copy of your application through certified mail to the address listed on your application. You can expect to receive the document within 3-5 days. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with."
Sincerely,
Cortney L. Palmacci, M.A.
Central Supervisor

Did everyone who got the NOVA secondary have their DAT scores in already. My app was sent out in the first mailing but i recently took the DAT, so maybe that is why i havent received it?

Mine was mailed out on 7th and got an email for 2ndary. I submitted the 2ndary right away. didn't wanna wait. at the end, it said that I need to mail them my signture. is that right?

Can someone tell me how to print out the signature page of NOVA secondary?

Can someone tell me how to print out the signature page of NOVA secondary?

Once you submit your supplemental and pay the fee online, it will direct you to the signature page, which you can then simply print and mail.

It's not weird!
I went to interview at UCSF and they asked me the same question during the interview.
One reason, as you stated, could be that they want to know how serious you are about their school.
Another reason is that they want to know their competition. Remember, they want you as much as you want them, provided that you're a decent applicant. In other words, they are competing with other schools to pick the best applicants out there.

Once you submit your supplemental and pay the fee online, it will direct you to the signature page, which you can then simply print and mail.

It didn't have a print button so I had to go to file-> print and I don't know if matters but it has website address at the bottom of the printed paper and page 1 of 1 at top right.

It's not weird!
I went to interview at UCSF and they asked me the same question during the interview.
One reason, as you stated, could be that they want to know how serious you are about their school.
Another reason is that they want to know their competition. Remember, they want you as much as you want them, provided that you're a decent applicant. In other words, they are competing with other schools to pick the best applicants out there.

So I guess applying to 10+ schools isn't going to help. I'll just have to convince them that I really like their school at the interview.

It didn't have a print button so I had to go to file-> print and I don't know if matters but it has website address at the bottom of the printed paper and page 1 of 1 at top right.

It doesn't matter...I had to do the same thing.

Got an e-mail response back today.

"Thank you for your application to Nova Southeastern University. I apologize for any inconveniences caused by not being able to open your application. I will be sending you a copy of your application through certified mail to the address listed on your application. You can expect to receive the document within 3-5 days. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with."
Sincerely,
Cortney L. Palmacci, M.A.
Central Supervisor

Hey, to whom did you send the email? The pdf file is just our sup app right..... so do we really need it?

I sent the e-mail to the following address below with that subject line. The PDF file is just our supplemental application. I like having a copy of all my documents that I have submitted, if you are the same way might want to e-mail and get a hard copy mailed to your address.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Problems opening NSU Web Admissions Application.pdf

I sent the e-mail to the following address below with that subject line. The PDF file is just our supplemental application. I like having a copy of all my documents that I have submitted, if you are the same way might want to e-mail and get a hard copy mailed to your address.

Thanks bro.

I emailed them as soon as I got the email. They never replied. I wonder if they got too many emails.

Shouldnt we keep the answers short and straightforward!? I just read somebody had 2 paragraphs written for each section! i just made it very simple with a few sentences!

I emailed them as soon as I got the email. They never replied. I wonder if they got too many emails.

Yeah they never replied to my email as well. Maybe they will send paper copies to our permanent addresses to those applicants whose PDF wouldn't open.