Program-Specific Info / Q's Nova Southeastern OTD Tampa Summer 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureOT813

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just received an acceptance to Nova Southeastern's OTD Tampa program. I thought I would make a thread for other students who also got accepted. I am not 100% committed yet as I have a few other interviews, but would like to get some insight from others in the same position. We could also create a facebook page too.

Congrats to everyone who received acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I just received an acceptance to Nova Southeastern's OTD Tampa program. I thought I would make a thread for other students who also got accepted. I am not 100% committed yet as I have a few other interviews, but would like to get some insight from others in the same position. We could also create a facebook page too.

Congrats to everyone who received acceptance!

I got an acceptance call this afternoon, I am waiting for one more interview to shake out before I accept.

I accepted my spot in the OTD program this morning. Anyone else accept yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
If people want to start a FB page to start connecting feel free to post your pages or a way for me to find you and I will start a page! I will be moving from Portland Oregon so I am interested to meet others in the program!

Congrats! Are you from Florida or will you be moving?
I live in Florida! Near Orlando . Have you heard anything back after submitting your deposit besides the confirmation email?

I live in Florida! Near Orlando . Have you heard anything back after submitting your deposit besides the confirmation email?

Oh nice, are you going to be moving to Tampa? I didn't hear anything outside of that and the orientation page has yet to be updated.

Oh nice, are you going to be moving to Tampa? I didn't hear anything outside of that and the orientation page has yet to be updated.
No, I'm going to just commute when I need to. I live about 50min from the campus. I hope to hear from them soon, I'm excited to start already, but I also want to start with all of the financial parts to be prepared, I'm just not sure yet where to start with that

No, I'm going to just commute when I need to. I live about 50min from the campus. I hope to hear from them soon, I'm excited to start already, but I also want to start with all of the financial parts to be prepared, I'm just not sure yet where to start with that

Same, I'm looking to move to Tampa around Aprilish. I need to find a job and a place still though

Congratulations on your acceptances! Did any of you guys apply to Nova’s MOT along with OTD?

I applied, and interviewed. I haven't heard anything back yet though

I see you've already accepted your spot in the OTD program. If they offer you admission to the MOT do they give you an option to switch programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see you've already accepted your spot in the OTD program. If they offer you admission to the MOT do they give you an option to switch programs?
No, I would have to lose my deposit and accept the new spot. I am thinking I will stick with Nova though! The only program that I would switch for is UW in Seattle because I would get in state tuition

I just got accepted :) Still not 100% sure if I'll be attending - the length of the program plus the doctoral residency and the cost is a little overwhelming. Have any of you visited the campus? What are you planning on as far as loans and not being able to work for 10 months? Just trying to gain some perspective.

Also- has anyone heard back from the MOT yet?

I just got accepted :) Still not 100% sure if I'll be attending - the length of the program plus the doctoral residency and the cost is a little overwhelming. Have any of you visited the campus? What are you planning on as far as loans and not being able to work for 10 months? Just trying to gain some perspective.

Also- has anyone heard back from the MOT yet?

Honestly, I am planning on working weekends bar tending most likely. I don't really have a choice as I have no family support. I visited campus and met with Jason Barshay. They are building a new facility though and most of the education would be held at the new one near clearwater I think. I know a couple other people have heard from the MOT, the MOT has its own page, but I haven't heard anything

Honestly, I am planning on working weekends bar tending most likely. I don't really have a choice as I have no family support. I visited campus and met with Jason Barshay. They are building a new facility though and most of the education would be held at the new one near clearwater I think. I know a couple other people have heard from the MOT, the MOT has its own page, but I haven't heard anything

Thanks for that info- I had no idea they were building a new facility and Clearwater is even further from me so that's definitely going to be another detail to weigh on. I have no financial support from family either- I hear ya! How did you set up the visit? Was it during the week? I can't seem to get in touch with anyone for that.

Thanks for that info- I had no idea they were building a new facility and Clearwater is even further from me so that's definitely going to be another detail to weigh on. I have no financial support from family either- I hear ya! How did you set up the visit? Was it during the week? I can't seem to get in touch with anyone for that.

I didn't know until I went for a visit. I'm from Oregon and so it's going to be quite a move. I went on a Friday after emailing Jason Barshay, I would definitely get in touch with him if you have any questions. He gave me a tour and was super helpful.
Here's his contact info!
Jason Barshay, (813)-574-5286, [email protected]

I didn't know until I went for a visit. I'm from Oregon and so it's going to be quite a move. I went on a Friday after emailing Jason Barshay, I would definitely get in touch with him if you have any questions. He gave me a tour and was super helpful.
Here's his contact info!
Jason Barshay, (813)-574-5286, [email protected]

Thank you so much!

Can any of y'all that have been to the campus tell me anything about this program? I'm working on my supplemental application right now. I'm not able to visit campus because I live in Arkansas, so really all I can see is what's on the website. Is there anything in particular about this program or the faculty there that you feel makes it stand out more as compared to other programs you've applied to or visited?

Thank you in advance!

Is anyone who was already accepted attending the open house on Thurs the 21st at 6pm? I saw the announcement on their Facebook page.

Is anyone who was already accepted attending the open house on Thurs the 21st at 6pm? I saw the announcement on their Facebook page.

Could you send the link for the facebook page? I will be there the 22-25th, I wish I wouldve known about it.

Here's the link:

I think it's a general open house, not specifically for those who have already been accepted but I'd still like to attend.

Does anyone who has officially accepted their spot want to start a Facebook group? I am starting to search for housing and such and would like to start to get to know my classmates and anyone who is from Florida! I'm moving from the west coast around April most likely.

Hi! I’ve applied for the OTD 2019 cycle and was told I’d know within two weeks and it’s been a little over a month. Just curious how long it took for everyone else to hear back?

So it turned out that NSU accidentally sent my letter to the wrong city/state. I am assuming I didn't get in because most people recieve phone calls, right? In the email they replied that I will get a letter in the mail this week.

Hey everyone! I got the call yesterday, that I got into the tampa OTD program.
I feel slightly stressed because virtual orientation starts may 6th and face to face orientation starts may 21. When does classes start? It all seems rushed and vague to me.

Hey everyone! I got the call yesterday, that I got into the tampa OTD program.
I feel slightly stressed because virtual orientation starts may 6th and face to face orientation starts may 21. When does classes start? It all seems rushed and vague to me.
Hey! When did you apply? Many of us that have been accepted earlier on (since Feb) and are currently communicating through an official FB page by the SOTA and an unofficial GroupMe. I can totally see why it seems rushed if you just got accepted but it shouldn't take too long to get caught up to speed. You will prob get an invite to the FB page soon.

Hey! When did you apply? Many of us that have been accepted earlier on (since Feb) and are currently communicating through an official FB page by the SOTA and an unofficial GroupMe. I can totally see why it seems rushed if you just got accepted but it shouldn't take too long to get caught up to speed. You will prob get an invite to the FB page soon.
Hi, I was wondering if you could put up a link to the Facebook page? As I am accepted and in the program for OTD class of 2022. :)