Nova Southeastern-phd/psyd

Started by Annakei
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Annakei

Therapist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know or have any information about Nova Southeastern's PHD/PSYD program in Clinical Psychology? So far from what I have seen on their website and having talked with some of their current students I like what I see. At this point I am seeking information from others regarding the program.

Is it another Professional School of Psychology?

Is it well respected?

Any info would be appreciated....
 
I know it is a strong program in terms of forensic psychology...not sure about other areas. I guess it depends on what area/style you hope to work within
 
Annakei said:
Does anyone know or have any information about Nova Southeastern's PHD/PSYD program in Clinical Psychology? So far from what I have seen on their website and having talked with some of their current students I like what I see. At this point I am seeking information from others regarding the program.

Is it another Professional School of Psychology?

Is it well respected?

Any info would be appreciated....

I believe it is like argosy, in that it is a combination of two previous existing schools...I have ordered information from them..from what I have seen..looks good..I will start hopefully in the fall of 2006..
 
Ive learned lately that in the end we will all have the same degree and be licensed by the same licensing body. I am not sure if it is a University Center or Professional School. From what Ive gathered from graduates, current and prospective students it is a pretty good program. It is often looked down upon because of amount of people in the incoming class, still, it has not taken away from the quality of education Ive heard so much about from others. Sure, there are going to be down sides but what school doesnt have those?

The one objection I have to the school is its lack of funding in either program: PhD and PsyD. Other than that, I too hope to be accepted there because it is HIGH on my list..