Nova Southeastern University (NSU) - Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VTL

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied or heard back yet? I submitted my Pharmcas in July 2013 and my supplemental application a few weeks ago. Anxiously waiting! Nova is my first choice! :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

No not yet... Hopefully soon for the both of us

No not yet... Hopefully soon for the both of us

Some students are already receiving interview invitations for other schools. I think NOVA should be sending out invitations starting this month. Soo nervous!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought about applying here what are your guys' stats?

Nova has called me several times. An admissions counselor called me to tell me to "take any math" this semester to bring my math GPA up (in short only have a few classes during which I experienced a traumatic death) so "I can have you in my first round of interviews in January." He said they "weren't allowed to interview" anyone with a math GPA as low as mine...

I'm not sure exactly what to take from it, but I figure if they're calling me several times guiding me with what to do I must be okay....

2.9 GPA
96 PCAT
5 years pharm tech experience (5.5 if you count the 6 months simultaneous hosp. and retail)

Good luck to you all! They should be contacting you shortly!

Nova has called me several times. An admissions counselor called me to tell me to "take any math" this semester to bring my math GPA up (in short only have a few classes during which I experienced a traumatic death) so "I can have you in my first round of interviews in January." He said they "weren't allowed to interview" anyone with a math GPA as low as mine...

I'm not sure exactly what to take from it, but I figure if they're calling me several times guiding me with what to do I must be okay....

2.9 GPA
96 PCAT
5 years pharm tech experience (5.5 if you count the 6 months simultaneous hosp. and retail)

Wow, that's awesome that they're contacting you so much! I received one phone call about 3 weeks ago saying my application is ready for review. Haven't heard back since. :/ Lol I actually don't even have a math GPA because I took all my math courses in high school as AP credit (which is not calculated into your GPA), I hope that's not an issue. Was Jeff the one who called you?

Received an interview invite!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you all hear back soon!!!!!! :):laugh: Beyond excited!!

Hey VTL can I ask what your stats are? Nova is also my first choice but I haven't sent in my app yet. I still need to get 1 LOR and am waiting for Pharmcas to calculate GPA. I also haven't taken the PCAT yet but am scheduled for next week.

However I don't feel good about my chances. I have a 3.0 GPA with a polisci degree from years ago. I have worked in government for more than 11 years and have tried to change careers by working and going to school at the same time. I have close to 300 volunteer hours in a Pharmacy hospital. I don't think I'm gonna do well on my PCAT maybe 60's or 70's. The fact that they are giving PearlGirl a hard time is a amazing cuz I would think she for sure gets in!

Now I'm just thinking my app is gonna go in late and I don't have great stats.

I received an interview invite too!! :)

Hey VTL can I ask what your stats are? Nova is also my first choice but I haven't sent in my app yet. I still need to get 1 LOR and am waiting for Pharmcas to calculate GPA. I also haven't taken the PCAT yet but am scheduled for next week.

However I don't feel good about my chances. I have a 3.0 GPA with a polisci degree from years ago. I have worked in government for more than 11 years and have tried to change careers by working and going to school at the same time. I have close to 300 volunteer hours in a Pharmacy hospital. I don't think I'm gonna do well on my PCAT maybe 60's or 70's. The fact that they are giving PearlGirl a hard time is a amazing cuz I would think she for sure gets in!

Now I'm just thinking my app is gonna go in late and I don't have great stats.

Remember application is not all about PCAT scores.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope so !!! Nova is my first choice ;) . you'll do fine just let them know how much you love the profession and what you can offer as a professional. :) good luck

Omg, after all this wait I got an interview notice from Nova. Im super nervous and excited!!!!
I was wondering if any of you know when do they make a decision? Is it right away after the interview? Or do we wait?

My best regards to everybody applying for pharmacy school and best of luck and fingers crossed to all of us

"Minimum overall GPA considered: 2.75
Minimum prerequisite GPA considered: 2.0
Minimum composite PCAT score considered: N/A"

Those are the minimum scores for NOVA. If you have a good personal statement and LORs, I think you will definitely receive an interview invite! You can also explain more about your circumstances in the supplemental application. Good luck on the PCAT! :):):)

Hey thanks so much for the post. I was going through some Nova threads from years past and was just in the dumps cuz they were so qualified and applied so early.

So I'll just get my last LOR and submit. Oh and thanks about telling to enter in something in the special circumstance section. I am not a complainer so was gonna skip it but I think I'll go ahead and do it. :)

Remember application is not all about PCAT scores.

Ok thanks for that...like I said to VTL I was a little down thinking about my stats but I'll just go forward and just be sure to be as prepared as possible, do the best I can and move forward.

Thanks for that...hoping to be posting in this thread more!

Hey thanks so much for the post. I was going through some Nova threads from years past and was just in the dumps cuz they were so qualified and applied so early.

So I'll just get my last LOR and submit. Oh and thanks about telling to enter in something in the special circumstance section. I am not a complainer so was gonna skip it but I think I'll go ahead and do it. :)

We are still early in the application period. You have plenty of time.

Omg, after all this wait I got an interview notice from Nova. Im super nervous and excited!!!!
I was wondering if any of you know when do they make a decision? Is it right away after the interview? Or do we wait?

My best regards to everybody applying for pharmacy school and best of luck and fingers crossed to all of us

Congrats!!!! And no, it's not right after the interview, the wait is usually a few weeks. It's going to be a longggggg few weeks! Good luck with your interview! :)

I believe you can submit your Pharmcas application before all your letters are in! Not 100% positive though. I had the same problem, I was going to leave it blank as well but I figured they're asking that question to get to know us better. Just make sure you explain yourself rather than complain about your life. Nova does rolling admission so the earlier you apply the higher your chances are! Oh and I think you can also submit your Pharmcas before your PCAT scores are in.

You all are over achievers for applying this early!

Lol no way! I just feel that applying early with my mediocre stats would give me a better chance of acceptance before the smart kids fill up the applicant pool :D

Lol no way! I just feel that applying early with my mediocre stats would give me a better chance of acceptance before the smart kids fill up the applicant pool :D

I think I had submitted early December. Lol

that's pretty much how i felt! i received an invitation for an interview too!

2.9 GPA
96 PCAT

It's my understanding that you need a 2.0 in the math and science GPA at the time you submit the nova application. They won't even consider someone who doesn't have the minimum at the time of the application if your math or science GPA is below a 2.0. I had a similar situation last year and had to submit my application after I raised my GPA. I called and asked ahead of time, because I was freaking out about it. The COA decides on everything not the admissions counselor. Did you submit your nova app yet?

Wow, that's awesome that they're contacting you so much! I received one phone call about 3 weeks ago saying my application is ready for review. Haven't heard back since. :/ Lol I actually don't even have a math GPA because I took all my math courses in high school as AP credit (which is not calculated into your GPA), I hope that's not an issue. Was Jeff the one who called you?

They took my AP credits when I applied. I don't know much about the GPA. Did you call and ask? I think you'll be ok cause if you get credit for an AP course you had to at least get an equivalent of a C in the scoring system they do. Everything is so confusing.

I believe you can submit your Pharmcas application before all your letters are in! Not 100% positive though. I had the same problem, I was going to leave it blank as well but I figured they're asking that question to get to know us better. Just make sure you explain yourself rather than complain about your life. Nova does rolling admission so the earlier you apply the higher your chances are! Oh and I think you can also submit your Pharmcas before your PCAT scores are in.

I submitted one of my LORs after I submitted my apps. :)

I was accepted at Palm Beach for fall 2013, I was all ready to move from Puerto Rico and everything, but I got into a car accident and was left bedridden the week before orientation and wasn't able to move. But they were so nice as to defer my acceptance for next year, so I will be part of the 2018 class now :) ... I know what you're going through guys, I was accepted in late May after being put in the alternate list for a couple of months. Just keep your hopes up, and if your stats aren't that good (like mine) apply early! :)

Last edited:
I was accepted at Palm Beach for fall 2013, I was all ready to move from Puerto Rico and everything, but I got into a car accident and was left bedridden the week before orientation and wasn't able to move. But they were so nice as to defer my acceptance for next year, so I will be part of the 2018 class now :) ... I know what you're going through guys, I was accepted in late May after being put in the alternate list for a couple of months. Just keep your hopes up, and if your stats aren't that good (like mine) apply early! :)

Hey !! I am from Puerto Rico too, do you going to be in PR or West Palm Beach ??? I am very nervious ...

Hey !! I am from Puerto Rico too, do you going to be in PR or West Palm Beach ??? I am very nervious ...

Well ... i dont know if they're gonna give me a choice, or if its just to WPB because thats where I was accepted .... but either way, I want to go to WPB. I've been wanting to move from PR for a very long time haha. But I can definetly help you out in any way that I can! Just send me any questions in a direct message :)

Does anyone know where the interviews are being held (Fort Lauderdale campus)? Nova's website just says Terry Building but no room number.

Does anyone know where the interviews are being held (Fort Lauderdale campus)? Nova's website just says Terry Building but no room number.

Good question. Im going to email Jeff just in case. I will be getting there one hour early just to make sure I am on time.

Good question. Im going to email Jeff just in case. I will be getting there one hour early just to make sure I am on time.

It says Terry Building first floor. Hopefully they will have signs to direct us. My interview is just around the corner. So anxious! :xf::xf::xf:

Hi all,
I submitted my application in July,2013
My stats are

3.45 overall same as science
4+ years of being a certified tech for walgreens
300+ community service as a youth group teacher.
PCAT 29% (very low I know :( )
Do you guys think I will have a chance of getting an interview with Nova?:(

Hi all,
My stats are

Hi all,
My stats are

You have a good GPA and being a CRphT will def help, but the PCAT score might hurt you a bit. I would suggest retaking it. We are still not too late int the application period.

It says Terry Building first floor. Hopefully they will have signs to direct us. My interview is just around the corner. So anxious! :xf::xf::xf:
When is your interview?

You have a good GPA and being a CRphT will def help, but the PCAT score might hurt you a bit. I would suggest retaking it. We are still not too late int the application period.

When is your interview?

A few days!

A few days!
Good luck on your interview! i've been trying to catch up with this thread lately since i've been busy these past couple of weeks. which campus did you get an interview in if you don't mind me asking?

Received an interview invite!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you all hear back soon!!!!!! :):laugh: Beyond excited!!

When did you submit your application? I submitted both of my applications in July, just recently updated my PCAT score.
My stats are
3.45 Science same as Cumulative
4+ years of Senior Tech Experience
500+ volunteer hours
PCAT : only 29% :( .
Do you think i might have a chance for an interview? :(

If you don't mind, what is your stats?

Has anyone had an interview yet? I have one on Tuesday, just wondering what to expect. Thanks!

When did you submit your application? I submitted both of my applications in July, just recently updated my PCAT score.
My stats are
3.45 Science same as Cumulative
4+ years of Senior Tech Experience
500+ volunteer hours
PCAT : only 29% :( .
Do you think i might have a chance for an interview? :(

If you don't mind, what is your stats?

Your GPA, experience, and volunteer will help but I would still recommend retaking the PCAT. There is still a chance you might receive an interview being that you applied very early, but that score might hinder your chances.

Good luck on your interview! i've been trying to catch up with this thread lately since i've been busy these past couple of weeks. which campus did you get an interview in if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you!! I will be interviewing at the Fort Lauderdale campus! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone had an interview yet? I have one on Tuesday, just wondering what to expect. Thanks!

Mine is on Tuesday as well!! :) This Tuesday is the first interview day so we will be the first students, good luck to us!! :)

Good luck to everyone who has upcoming interviews!

Hi everyone! I just had my interview today and I'm truly impressed with NOVA! It was such a positive and exciting experience. The faculty members that we met were very nice and friendly. Jeff, the admission counselor, is amazing! Wanted to wish everyone with upcoming interviews good luck! :) Very anxious to hear back! Fingers crossed!

Mine is gonna be on Sep 30th very excited
because Nova is my first choice
and I already went to 2 interviews in the past week at PBA and UNE
I had a good feeling I can get in to one of this but I prefer Nova tho

What question did they ask you at Nova I figure it might be the same everywhere

Last edited:
I scheduled mine for October 8th. Im a bit nervous and excited at the same time. Keep updating us on those interviews!

I scheduled mine for October 8th. Im a bit nervous and excited at the same time. Keep updating us on those interviews!
I'll be there at the October 8th interview too! It'll be my second one but still nervous as ever