Nova Southeastern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

My stats:.
Overall GPA: 3.57
Prerequisite GPA (ptcas): 3.28
Self-calculated pre-req GPA: ~3.33

GRE; Q: 148 V: 153 A: 4

~175 observation hours. All outpatient, but varied settings. Ortho, pediatric, & geriatric. I also went out-of-state to observe a PT this summer for a few weeks.

3 LoR: Pediatric PT, PT I observed out-of-state, and professor I did research with.

I'm also a contributing author of an undergraduate research study that gained a lot of media attention here in my home city, as well as a research assistant for my professor and a research assistant for a physical therapist conducting a study on children.

So, though my stats are not necessarily the strongest, I like to think I made up for it in other ways. There is hope, guys! Just keep the positive energy going! :)

Good luck to all of you :)

Members don't see this ad.

My stats:.
Overall GPA: 3.57
Prerequisite GPA (ptcas): 3.28
Self-calculated pre-req GPA: ~3.33

GRE; Q: 148 V: 153 A: 4

~175 observation hours. All outpatient, but varied settings. Ortho, pediatric, & geriatric. I also went out-of-state to observe a PT this summer for a few weeks.

3 LoR: Pediatric PT, PT I observed out-of-state, and professor I did research with.

I'm also a contributing author of an undergraduate research study that gained a lot of media attention here in my home city, as well as a research assistant for my professor and a research assistant for a physical therapist conducting a study on children.

So, though my stats are not necessarily the strongest, I like to think I made up for it in other ways. There is hope, guys! Just keep the positive energy going! :)

Good luck to all of you :)
Hope slowly fading, I got a letter saying I was placed on hold

Hope slowly fading, I got a letter saying I was placed on hold

Keep your head up. I just saw your stats...they're not bad at all. Just because Nova put you on hold does not mean you wont get in off that hold, and it also does not mean you won't get acceptances elsewhere. Stay positive, make your name known to the admissions people, and try your best to stay calm. That's all you can do.

You've got this. :) I'm rooting for ya, too.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted as well!! Unbelievably happy:). Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted, and good luck to those who are waiting!
Ahhh congratulations!! That's so awesome! Are you going there for sure?

Reactions: 1 user
Ahhh congratulations!! That's so awesome! Are you going there for sure?

Yes, I am sending in the deposit to hold my seat, tomorrow. The only reason I would not attend is if I'm accepted to UTMB, which is an hour from where I currently live ( I have not heard anything back yet ). I'm just thrilled I got into this great school!

But yes, for now, I am going! :)

Yes, I am sending in the deposit to hold my seat, tomorrow. The only reason I would not attend is if I'm accepted to UTMB, which is an hour from where I currently live ( I have not heard anything back yet ). I'm just thrilled I got into this great school!

But yes, for now, I am going! :)
Thank you so much!.... Well I live 20 mins away from nova ft. Lauderdale, so if you have any questions go ahead... I'll try my best to answer them the best I can.... And congrats again!

Thank you so much!.... Well I live 20 mins away from nova ft. Lauderdale, so if you have any questions go ahead... I'll try my best to answer them the best I can.... And congrats again!
Since you live so close, I was wondering how safe the area is?

Since you live so close, I was wondering how safe the area is?
Depends p what's you budget and how far from the school you want to live.... The school is located in davie which is right next to ft.lauderdale.... Personally, unless you have a budget over $1000 for rent alone your options close to the school might not be extremely safe..... The school offers graduate housing, which is gated and there is a shutle from the school that takes u there and back as well as to publix and other places that might be needed, but the prices are close to what I mention as well....the other option is to move to the peripheral areas, but then you will need a car for sure because the highway will be needed to get to school, the good thing distances are not too far when it comes down to live in the peripherial areas. Now, it is not like you will go outside and they will shoot you, that won't happen. You can find housing around the school and also residential affairs at school can also help you locating the most convinient and safe living arrangements off campus

It looks like the estimated cost for year one is roughly 28,500 for tuition and fees. Is this the same for years 2 and 3? Maybe @knj27 can look into it and let us know? I can't seem to find anything regarding years 2 and 3. If it's the same, this is officially out of my budget.

As a former Nova HPD student, I can tell you that Nova likes to raise their tuition every year.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I declined my acceptance tonight so hopefully someone who really wants to attend their program will get in! good luck.

Reactions: 4 users
I just contacted a student that goes there now… He said they do, but they do not do the cuts themselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends p what's you budget and how far from the school you want to live.... The school is located in davie which is right next to ft.lauderdale.... Personally, unless you have a budget over $1000 for rent alone your options close to the school might not be extremely safe..... The school offers graduate housing, which is gated and there is a shutle from the school that takes u there and back as well as to publix and other places that might be needed, but the prices are close to what I mention as well....the other option is to move to the peripheral areas, but then you will need a car for sure because the highway will be needed to get to school, the good thing distances are not too far when it comes down to live in the peripherial areas. Now, it is not like you will go outside and they will shoot you, that won't happen. You can find housing around the school and also residential affairs at school can also help you locating the most convinient and safe living arrangements off campus

In response to this... There are PLENTY of apartments close to the school that nova students use. Some are in walking distance from the building, some not. Most people lived with 1-3 roommates in the nearby apartments. Some rented houses. Some lived in further apartments and commuted. The Davie area is safe. Yes there are bad areas of Ft. Lauderdale but that's at least a 20-30 min drive from the school.

Did all of you get a call saying your application was in review? I just got the acceptance letter without hearing that my application was actually in review beforehand. I didn't even realize that getting a call informing students their applications are in review was the "norm". Just curious.

Did all of you get a call saying your application was in review? I just got the acceptance letter without hearing that my application was actually in review beforehand. I didn't even realize that getting a call informing students their applications are in review was the "norm". Just curious.
Did they send your acceptance by email or regular mail?

Did they send your acceptance by email or regular mail?

Email. Though, they said I should receive the paper-mail one some time this week. They charged me for the $1000 deposit already, soo.....lol. AH!

Email. Though, they said I should receive the paper-mail one some time this week. They charged me for the $1000 deposit already, soo.....lol. AH!
Oh they definitely want their money LOL. I got a call September 3 and I visited the campus last Thursday. I actually got to meet with the program director and she said I would get an answer within a month. Hopefully I'll get in too:)

How much time did they give you before you had to pay the deposit

They give you two weeks. I wanted to get it done now since I have midterms coming up, and to make sure everything is in line. :)

Oh they definitely want their money LOL. I got a call September 3 and I visited the campus last Thursday. I actually got to meet with the program director and she said I would get an answer within a month. Hopefully I'll get in too:)

Haha, right?! I really hope things work out for you! It looks like a great program and a beautiful campus!

Haha, right?! I really hope things work out for you! It looks like a great program and a beautiful campus!
It is a beautiful campus. I'm hoping showing up in a suit and tie and meeting with the director puts me over the top. Every little thing helps:)

For those of you who have visited the campus, what do you think of the program?

Hi everyone. I was accepted to NOVA in Ft. Lauderdale last week and I want to let everyone know that if someone with only a decent resume (in my opinion) can get in, then so can you.

Having said that, I was wondering if anyone had considered the school from a financial perspective. The tuition and living expenses in the 3 years alone would go upwards of $100k and I wanted to know if such debt can be paid off while living comfortably on a PT's salary. It's the only reason holding me back from going to NOVA; if any future, current, or past students can provide some input, I'd be very grateful.

@DjT3kN
3.58 prereqs GPA
3.54 overall GPA
GRE: 150 Verbal, 154 Math, 4.5 Writing
200 Hours of observation in multiple settings

I've been accepted to Nova Fort Lauderdale also. Is there a Facebook page yet?

Hey everyone,
Might sound like a dumb ? but I thought the deadline was December 15th? I see many of you are finding out that you are accepted into the program and was just a bit thrown off as I did not think NOVA did early decision.

Congrats to those that got in!!

Hey everyone,
Might sound like a dumb ? but I thought the deadline was December 15th? I see many of you are finding out that you are accepted into the program and was just a bit thrown off as I did not think NOVA did early decision.

Congrats to those that got in!!
The deadline isn't until December 15th but they have rolling admission so they accept students on a rolling basis from the time applications open. Some schools that have rolling admission have the majority of their class filled before the deadline.

I see, thanks for the explanation. Not sure how I missed that lol. Just submitted my sup app for NOVA about 2 hours ago.

I think we should definitely start a class of 2018 Facebook page!

I just created a Facebook page for us. Nova Southeastern University DPT Class of 2018

I just created a Facebook page for us. Nova Southeastern University DPT Class of 2018
can you link it? I am not decided at all, still waiting on a few schools i've interviewed/will be interviewing at...I hate how soon we have to decide, because i really love Nova but am from the Midwest and would like to stay close...loving nova more and more by the minute though...

:)

Last edited:
did any of you guys ---who were accepted and paid the deposit-- get an email with a new sharklink ID and log on info? other than the one used for webstar. I did, and it literally shows you nothing haha.

UPDATE:

Never mind. I called and figured it out. Yes, you're supposed to receive one if you've been accepted (for those who may be wondering)

Last edited:
did any of you guys ---who were accepted and paid the deposit-- get an email with a new sharklink ID and log on info? other than the one used for webstar. I did, and it literally shows you nothing haha.

UPDATE:

Never mind. I called and figured it out. Yes, you're supposed to receive one if you've been accepted (for those who may be wondering)
How long after you got accepted did you get that email?

does anyone know when the fort lauderdale program actually begins? Can't seem to find that info

FOUND it. On ptcas.

Program starts May 26

May 17th is when it started this past May

Here is a snapshot so y'all can see. Hmm...I can call tomorrow to double check. Thank you! Luckily, those are both after graduation lol. But the 17th is cutting it close. Hopefully it is truly the 26th!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 66
I created a Facebook group called: Nova Southeastern University DPT Class of 2018

Hey guys, got accepted to Nova a few days ago. Currently looking into affordable apartments in the area. If anyone has more information than that which can be found thru the school's website and Google, please post about it

Last edited:
I got a quick question regarding the deadline. I know on the Nova website, it says to complete the PTCAS application by December 15th. Then later it says to complete the supplemental by January 31, 2014? Is that a typo? Instead of 2014, should it be 2015? So, if I submit my application by this week, and take my GRE before the end of November, would I still be okay with deadlines? Sorry! Just wanting to clarify