Nova

Medic2doc

UNECOM Class Of 2012
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hello everyone, this is my first post on SND even thou I have been viewing the board for years.

I am very excited about getting into osteopathic medicine in a few years and have been doing research on possible institutions. NOVA was presented to me with a high regard from an experienced advisor. I realize that it may not be the best school out there, but from what i see it looks like a beautiful campus in a great area with an above-average program. What is everyone elses opinions on NOVA's program/area/history/philosophy, etc..? any help is greatly appreciated.

shane679

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jan 29, 2005
      Medic2doc said:
      Hello everyone, this is my first post on SND even thou I have been viewing the board for years.

I am very excited about getting into osteopathic medicine in a few years and have been doing research on possible institutions. NOVA was presented to me with a high regard from an experienced advisor. I realize that it may not be the best school out there, but from what i see it looks like a beautiful campus in a great area with an above-average program. What is everyone elses opinions on NOVA's program/area/history/philosophy, etc..? any help is greatly appreciated.
      First, I think that it is great for EMS providers to continue their education. Most of the physicians that I have asked think that NSU is a nice school with a quality education program. I know a couple graduates from there and they are in medical director positions. I think that being in Florida is great and it will help the awareness of osteopathic medicine grow. With that said, there has been another school to open in FL that may also merit consideration (LECOM-B). Hope that everything works out for you and go for NSU, it will be fine.

csh

About the Ads

bgworm

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Apr 21, 2004
      Davie, FL
      1. Medical Student
        Just go in expecting no help and you will be fine. The school is not bad and you do have plenty of opportunity, but do not rely on the material they give. Ask other student what material is the most beneficial. That being said, the school is very nice and the weather kicks a$$ :thumbup: Just dont get oo distracted :D

illiniTJ

Oskee Wow Wow
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Aug 10, 2004
        1. Medical Student
          bgworm said:
          the school is very nice and the weather kicks a$$ :thumbup: Just dont get oo distracted :D

I have been looking into NSU and LECOM-B too. One thing that attracts me is the great weather and location of florida. An occasional hurricane doesn't bother me for the months of sun and great weather.

My question for current students is..... Does surrounding area become a factor? I understand med students have to study A LOT. Can the surrounding area be enjoyed, but not overly distracting at the same time?

Thanks

`

Fin-Nor

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Jan 16, 2003
          South Side
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            illiniTJ said:
            My question for current students is..... Does surrounding area become a factor? I understand med students have to study A LOT. Can the surrounding area be enjoyed, but not overly distracting at the same time?

can it be enjoyed and not distracting? yeah, why not? things in moderation... a good thing.

you can get away from school when needed and enjoy "real life"

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.