Program-Specific Info / Q's NovaSoutheastern Rejection... then ACCEPTANCE?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avocadodreams

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get a a rejection letter from Keatta (Nova Southeastern University), and then several weeks letter get an ACCEPTANCE letter from her and the dean of the college??

You'd think, even if several people who initially accepted a spot ended up backing out and they had more spots to fill, that they would communicate a little better about it. I already withdrew from my physics class because NSU was the only school on my list that required it. I got the rejection letter 6 weeks ago, and then the acceptance letter this morning (conditional, of course - pending completion of the physics class that I already dropped)

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else get a a rejection letter from Keatta (Nova Southeastern University), and then several weeks letter get an ACCEPTANCE letter from her and the dean of the college??

You'd think, even if several people who initially accepted a spot ended up backing out and they had more spots to fill, that they would communicate a little better about it. I already withdrew from my physics class because NSU was the only school on my list that required it. I got the rejection letter 6 weeks ago, and then the acceptance letter this morning (conditional, of course - pending completion of the physics class that I already dropped)

Wtf? Does this mean you're not going to attend?

Also, I love your username haha.

Most likely not. Even if they somehow agreed to waive the physics requirement, I already paid my deposit at MGH... They would have to offer some great financial aid to sway me now.

It's just maddening that there wasn't even a "Hey, we still have spots in our class - are you still interested?" phone call or email. The way they did it makes it seem like the rejection was a mistake and I was actually accepted all this time, which is probably not the case, but the possibility is upsetting. And if the rejection wasn't a mistake, they went through their ENTIRE wait list and still couldn't find someone to take a spot so they went to their rejection list? I suppose if I hadn't gotten in anywhere else I would be grateful right now (albeit miffed that I had dropped physics already)... I suppose I'm just venting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that's crazy. I haven't even gotten a decision yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Most likely not. Even if they somehow agreed to waive the physics requirement, I already paid my deposit at MGH... They would have to offer some great financial aid to sway me now.

It's just maddening that there wasn't even a "Hey, we still have spots in our class - are you still interested?" phone call or email. The way they did it makes it seem like the rejection was a mistake and I was actually accepted all this time, which is probably not the case, but the possibility is upsetting. And if the rejection wasn't a mistake, they went through their ENTIRE wait list and still couldn't find someone to take a spot so they went to their rejection list? I suppose if I hadn't gotten in anywhere else I would be grateful right now (albeit miffed that I had dropped physics already)... I suppose I'm just venting!

Okay phew I was going to say that that was pretty unprofessional and even a bit insensitive of them. Looks like poor planning on their part. Congrats on MGH! At least you don't have to deal with physics, hehe.

Reactions: 1 user