November Submission of Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PersianDreamer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm making this page for all the other people who submitted their Secondaries in November , so we compare our situations with II and other things. :luck::luck:+pissed+:bang:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
(very) Late MCAT + focusing on Canadian apps + me being an unorganized idiot = submitting on Oct 30. Not exactly Nov. but there you go :p

So far 1 II, 1 pre and 1 post secondary rejection; rest silent. fingers crossed

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
nice, where is ur II. what r ur stats? I'm assuming ur Canadian haha

nice, where is ur II. what r ur stats? I'm assuming ur Canadian haha

3.96/520; pre-sec reject @ UCSF and post-sec reject @ stanford. II @ yale
I'm stoked as hell Yale even looked at my app given my late submission so I already consider my US apps a success lmao.
yes am Canadian :)

3.96/520; pre-sec reject @ UCSF and post-sec reject @ stanford. II @ yale
I'm stoked as hell Yale even looked at my app given my late submission so I already consider my US apps a success lmao.
yes am Canadian :)

nice man! interview at yale! thats fantastic!

im a 3.97 515

thanks man, that email was better than anything i hoped for haha. good luck to you too!

I just got a secondary from UCSF a week ago so I'm still working on it. So far I've had 3 II.

what are ur stats bro ? u submitted in November and already have 3 II's??

I've been submitting from late- July up until now ... pretty sporadic because I've been traveling to different countries (I know...it's stupid to travel while applying...but I had no idea that internet would be so spotty and difficult to get abroad).

I got interview invites for apps that I submitted in July, August, and Sept. I haven't heard back from the ones that I submitted later than that though. I think we just have to wait until after the holidays to hear back on the Oct/November ones.

I got interviews from schools even though I missed the "two week deadline" to submit secondaries. I just e-mailed them and said that I was in a rural place that lacked internet connection.

Undergrad - cGPA 3.2 sGPA 3.0, Grad - 3.7, MCAT 514

I just got a secondary from UCSF a week ago so I'm still working on it. So far I've had 3 II.
What are you working on? It certainly shouldn't take a week. Many people just leave it blank.

Leave what blank, exactly?
The secondary for UCSF. It is optional.

The secondary is..."If you wish to update or expand upon your activities, you may provide additional information below. (500 words)". So if you have no new info for them, there's no point in just babbling on trying to invent something that seems interesting. Read previous threads on UCSF...many accepted students left it blank and it obviously did not hurt them.

The secondary for UCSF. It is optional.

The secondary is..."If you wish to update or expand upon your activities, you may provide additional information below. (500 words)". So if you have no new info for them, there's no point in just babbling on trying to invent something that seems interesting. Read previous threads on UCSF...many accepted students left it blank and it obviously did not hurt them.

It's possible they are applying for the JMP or PRIME, which require additional essays. Or maybe they want to answer the question. It took me about a week to submit as well.

Yeah I'm writing the PRIME essays.