Now that step two is over with, I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the step 3Q bank now.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bretonnia

Studley Man
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I learn most when I do practice questions, and would like to use a Q bank to supplement my fourth year learning. Plus, if I am already working on step three stuff, maybe I will be able to take step three at the beginning of my intern year instead of the middle.

Has anyone else done this? What has been your experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I learn most when I do practice questions, and would like to use a Q bank to supplement my fourth year learning. Plus, if I am already working on step three stuff, maybe I will be able to take step three at the beginning of my intern year instead of the middle.

1. Don't do this. If you're a US allopathic senior, focus your energy on applying, interviewing, and landing the best possible residency for yourself. After that, Then only consider Step 3 (but probably avoid doing it). Enjoy your fourth year.
2. Even if you graduate in May, it takes a little while for FSMB to verify that you have completed medical school. You may not even be able register, let alone take Step 3 until August or September at the earliest. And if you're an intern, you may not be a rotation conducive to taking Step 3.
3. My advice, once you get your internship schedule, you will know when is a good time to take Step 3 depending on your rotations. Then only register for Step 3 such that the three month registration block falls during one of those rotations.

Reactions: 1 users

Don't listen to the above post. You're on a roll man. Buy that Qbank and gun for step 3. Life is too short to just relax, travel, make a family, vacation etc. once you finish step 3 ASAP, buy the Qbank for specialty boards and start gunning for that. Recertification depending on the specialty may be every 10 years but if you keep renewing your Qbank every year and gun for those right away you'll have every word memorized and passing will be a breeze. Enjoying 4th year of med school? What kind of lazy type B personality sh** is that. Take hold of the world and seize the moment that is now. All your classmates relaxing/traveling/partying instead of gunning for step 3 will be sorry. They will all see!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users