now that the rejection letters are rolling in . . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabeadr

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI all,
I applied to several schools and got two interviews however, no acceptances yet and waitlisted for two schools. I'm trying to look into masters programs but they all seem to require a gre from dec or have deadlines in jan. any programs to recommend?
I realize that post bac may be what I should be looking into but another thing is that I want to stay in california and would like to look into masters so that i may have more options. any ideas or answers as to the masters applications?
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by wannabeadr
HI all,
I applied to several schools and got two interviews however, no acceptances yet and waitlisted for two schools. I'm trying to look into masters programs but they all seem to require a gre from dec or have deadlines in jan. any programs to recommend?
I realize that post bac may be what I should be looking into but another thing is that I want to stay in california and would like to look into masters so that i may have more options. any ideas or answers as to the masters applications?
:confused:

Hey Wannabeadr,

Did you actually call those master's programs and ask them if it was too late to apply???? I know most of the deadlines have passed, but most deadlines at grad school websites and stuff are really for phd candidates and are more for getting fellowships and stuff. Most masters programs do not offer FA (non-need based), if they do, it's either in the form of a RA (Research Assistantship) or TA (Teaching Assistanceship). 2ndly, most instate masters programs should not cost "that" much at a state school. I'm applying to a Masters in Biochemsitry at UConn and I haven't even taken the GRE yet (next monday). Point being, if they want you in the program, they will let you in regardless of the date. Just information. Don't give up on em. Oh yah, unless youa are non-trad. or NEED to do a POST-BACC for gpa reasons, just do a Masters in something you want to do.

My 2 cents. Good luck

~ Zep