Now this subject appeals to me...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

When I was a lot younger, I used to be a model builder.

Who's interested in surgery????

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Idk with all the Halo, COD and Madden I played growing up my dexterity is top notch

Reactions: 8 users
Idk with all the Halo, COD and Madden I played growing up my dexterity is top notch
If this is true then with all the COD and Halo i played as a teenager i could see myself in neurosurgery

Members don't see this ad :)
If this is true then with all the COD and Halo i played as a teenager i could see myself in neurosurgery
Petition to include video game 'dexterity development' into residency? I think so

Reactions: 2 users
It has also been argued that video game playing (not social media swiping) can possibly lead to surgeons who are more comfortable performing laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgeries.

Speaking of diminished dexterity and lack of practice from an early age, some schools have discussed removing teaching cursive handwriting from primary schools.

When I was a lot younger, I used to be a model builder.

Who's interested in surgery????
“When I trained, good or bad, I worked about 120 hours a week. That was just expected,” said Dr. Thomas Scalea.

lmao 120 hrs/week sounds healthy

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

YUP... I miss the good ole days of COD and Halo. Man, I can still hear the mom jokes like it was yesterday.

Speaking of that, what do we specialize in if we played a lot of video games and talked a lot trash?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
YUP... I miss the good ole days of COD and Halo. Man, I can still hear the mom jokes like it was yesterday.

Speaking of that, what do we specialize in if we played a lot of video games and talked a lot trash?
I don't think these fortnite kids could hang on old online Halo and COD. It was vicious

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
It has also been argued that video game playing (not social media swiping) can possibly lead to surgeons who are more comfortable performing laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgeries.

Speaking of diminished dexterity and lack of practice from an early age, some schools have discussed removing teaching cursive handwriting from primary schools.
I feel as though most schools have already eliminated cursive from their curriculum. I was the last 3rd grade class to be taught cursive in my school district, and that was....15 years ago? 16? IDK. Long ago.

Reactions: 1 user
If Halo/COD gets you neurosurgery, I’m gonna be a rocket surgeon lol.

Y’all don’t know bout dat guilty gear

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
“When I trained, good or bad, I worked about 120 hours a week. That was just expected,” said Dr. Thomas Scalea.

lmao 120 hrs/week sounds healthy
Couldn’t imagine 120 hour weeks. Icu weeks at 90 are ruff enough

I can still remember (vaguely) 120 hour days.
120 hour day u for some hermione magic going on? Lol

Hence why I dodged surgery I’d dieeee

120 hour day u for some hermione magic going on? Lol
120 hours in the hospital (a "day").
I can still remember the names some of the women I cared for that "day."
And to be clear, it was not only gen surg with these hours... most specialties had them.

120 hours in the hospital (a "day").
I can still remember the names some of the women I cared for that "day."
And to be clear, it was not only gen surg with these hours... most specialties had them.
Oh I gotcha. Yeah that’s intense. We’ve had to pull 36 hours but whew anything past that would be nuts and we get to nap for anything other than “rounds” if we get our work done.

I’m glad they value sleep more now

ur model building dexterity aint got nothing on these 360 no scope skillz

OG COD4 and Halo 3 K/D ratios will now be looked at for surgical residency applications, just attach your gamer tag to your CV

I would totally recommend for every Med student & Pre-med to play Dark Souls or anything by FromSoft, really. If you can get through those game, it'll level up your Foresight, Persistence, and Reflexes! The fact that I'm a closet sadistic bastard has nothing to do with this~

I still like to build Real Grade/Master Grade Gundam models :oops:

I would totally recommend for every Med student & Pre-med to play Dark Souls or anything by FromSoft, really. If you can get through those game, it'll level up your Foresight, Persistence, and Reflexes! The fact that I'm a closet sadistic bastard has nothing to do with this~

Can confirm. Dark Souls is way harder than med school. While all my classmates felt like they were hit by a train with the workload med school bought, this was nothing to me thanks to Miyazaki-san!

Can confirm. Dark Souls is way harder than med school. While all my classmates felt like they were hit by a train with the workload med school bought, this was nothing to me thanks to Miyazaki-san!

Got a question. Does Dark Souls have any story-line to it? I just finished up with “The Witcher, God of War, and Spider-Man.” And I have thought about playing Dark Souls, but I haven’t gotten around to it.

Got a question. Does Dark Souls have any story-line to it? I just finished up with “The Witcher, God of War, and Spider-Man.” And I have thought about playing Dark Souls, but I haven’t gotten around to it.

There is a story, or rather as well as a very rich lore, but they don't expose you to it straightaway. You have to discover the story by yourself by reading as much as you can in the game, even the description of the items.

That, or if you're too lazy, just youtube the story.

This also follows with Bloodborne.

Warning: The game is way harder than any of those games you listed, btw.

Dark souls is an amazing game. You should play it

Ps: prepare to die

Dark Souls 3 is one of my favorite games of all time. Would highly recommend.

I wish that skillset translated to med school however, as med school kicked my ass way more than any Souls-Borne game ever has.

There is a story, or rather as well as a very rich lore, but they don't expose you to it straightaway. You have to discover the story by yourself by reading as much as you can in the game, even the description of the items.

That, or if you're too lazy, just youtube the story.

This also follows with Bloodborne.

Warning: The game is way harder than any of those games you listed, btw.
I gotta be honest, I've played the Souls games umpteen times and have no idea where those YouTube videos pull that much story from. Bloodborne's story is slightly more discernible from playing through the game (but not much). But all of them are such immersive games regardless of whether or not you follow the actual story makes for such a good gaming experience no matter what.