NP fined for using the term doctor.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dred Pirate

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured y'all would appreciate this.

Hell, she even has a go-fund me page set up to cover her fine. Which already has $26k - which makes me vomit.

Considering the board of nursing also has an open case against here, I am guessing there is a lot more to this story.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, this is all over r/noctor as well.
I'm sick of the pretenders and I'm too tired to get fired up right now.
They really, REALLY have no idea.

So happy to see this, although she raised 26K on a go fund me page and she was fined 19K. She must be getting lots of help from all the NPs out there in small donations

Members don't see this ad :)
Nursing sham boards will never go for that.

She wrote on her gofundme page that the nursing board is trying to take her license.

Reactions: 1 user
She wrote on her gofundme page that the nursing board is trying to take her license.

which makes me think there is a lot more to this than just missapropriation of the word doctors

Reactions: 1 users
Figured y'all would appreciate this.

Hell, she even has a go-fund me page set up to cover her fine. Which already has $26k - which makes me vomit.

Considering the board of nursing also has an open case against here, I am guessing there is a lot more to this story.

Could report her to gofundme. Pretty sure it against their rules to fundraise to pay for costs related to someone breaking the law etc.

Reactions: 3 users
I am sure the board sent her a cease order and she ignored it. This happens all the time, and they get fined. She prob did more or just kept using the word doctor.

There is a federal bill pending that would allow autonomous practice by non-physician practitioners. ACEP is opposing it.

Just let it all burn. Who cares anymore? The market will correct it.

My sister is billing 600/hr to see psych patients who are fleeing NP practices after being mismanaged on 2 SSRIs concurrently and tricyclics for their generalized anxiety disorders.

I'd rather not be involved with their ****ty ass care in the ED either. Let them sign their own charts, field their own patient complaints and get sued on their own.

My shop can't hold onto midlevels for more than a year, so im not currently terrified of being replaced. They come to the ED as a new grad, realize they actually know stuff, be fast, and have procedural skills, and quickly exit.