NP performing vasectomy...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All I know is, you guys need to post more on social media in defense of your profession. The NPs are overrunning Facebook and comments on news articles with their pro-NP propaganda and the public is just lapping it up. The general public seems to have the perception that nurses do all the real work while physicians are just screwing off in a lounge somewhere in the hospital.
seems like the nurses/nps have more time on they hands... if ya catch my drift ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Goro you really need to stop. You're not a surgeon and you have no idea what it takes.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A classmate's husband is an EM doc by training, but now performs vasectomies in Oregon. I thought that was interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Judging by his medic analogy posts, and with all due respect, it's apparent Goro either doesn't understand anything about NP training/scope or why their lack of knowledge/expertise is bad for patients.

Goro you really need to stop. You're not a surgeon and you have no idea what it takes.

Not to knock on Goro, and I'm only a lowly M3, but I thought he was PhD faculty at a med school? I think his posts about school administration and admissions are quite helpful and valuable, but I'm not sure what level of clinical experience he has when it comes to things like understanding the difference in capabilities between specialized physicians and an NP.

Reactions: 1 user