[NPR] A Dose Of Culinary Medicine Sends Med Students To The Kitchen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkitty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Think TCOM does, but it's only available to a certain % of the class I think. Since I don't know that obviously means I'm not at the top lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
WesternU offers this. Here's the entire course: vegan > vegetarian > all others = poison.

Reactions: 1 users
I was thinking about it about a year ago. I can't think of a much better investment honestly. You learn how to prepare foods for yourself and your family...and could potentially have an invaluable skill to offer your patients.

I was thinking about it about a year ago. I can't think of a much better investment honestly. You learn how to prepare foods for yourself and your family...and could potentially have an invaluable skill to offer your patients.

When you were thinking about it, was their a particular course (like the one in the article) you were looking at, or just simply taking some cooking/nutrition classes on your own?

When you were thinking about it, was their a particular course (like the one in the article) you were looking at, or just simply taking some cooking/nutrition classes on your own?

Just on my own at a local culinary arts college. I love to cook...so it seems like a practice skill to have. I do my own reading on nutrition and I think that getting a masters in Nutrition would be too much of a time commitment.

I think a nutrition course would be amazing in conjunction with a medical degree.

The major problem that I see with people who study nutrition, is that they end up with the impression that you can buy organic immortality in a grocery store, and then take it a step further and stop getting flu shots because they ate a gluten free bagel.

My school has a nutrition 'focus course' during second year. Not much, just 16 hours of lecture time.

DMU has an excellent nutrition course as well as a healthy cooking elective where you get to cook and eat healthy foods.