NPR's Story On Pharmacist Surplus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wouldn't it be cool to have a "best of pharmacy forum" like the best of craigslist?

What could go in?
-diaper thread
-medicaid thread
-HICP
-A collection of Sparda's shady stories
-A collection of SHC's rantings on being hot and rich
-The camera thread
The fight between mountain and rxnupe
The admissions man melt down
Renetto vs. passion4sci
Alaska thread
Unicorn thread
The medical assistant thread?

What else could be on the ballot?

:smuggrin:

I would tweak it a bit, but that is actually a really good recap of the last 3-5 years on here. Personally I just show up every day on here ready to do my best to keep Alaska relevant.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would tweak it a bit, but that is actually a really good recap of the last 3-5 years on here. Personally I just show up every day on here ready to do my best to keep Alaska relevant.

You're welcome then. Haha, in the other thread I think we were discussing cramming into rxlea's tight igloo after chasing the $1M jobs and welfare in Alaska.

You would be proud. :horns:

You're welcome then. Haha, in the other thread I think we were discussing cramming into rxlea's tight igloo after chasing the $1M jobs and welfare in Alaska.

You would be proud. :horns:

:smuggrin: I gotta start reading EVERY thread on here. Good job though!

We also need the old timer vs mountain and mikey's tirade...or one of them :p

Yep. I keep my igloo very tight and pristine.

I actually built an igloo in my backyard in Dallas last year....I might have to post it.

Oh and you left out NCAA thread...though it has waned some Im bringing it back full force this seasons with a major trash talk. Wildcats suck!

Yep. I keep my igloo very tight and pristine.

Is there a way to trigger automatic notification everytime "Alaska" "Igloo" etc. is mentioned on a thread here?

Back to the topic: pharmacy schools will eventually naturally break into a tiered system, like law schools did. Those graduates from the new schools will not be able to find employment, since pharmacy education is not standardized. I just graduated in a highly saturated area, but from a top 10 school, and I have 2 offers (I'm taking the one at the beach). Why? Because out of the several interviews I had, I had the interviewers comment on the school I came from and that those candidates have always been highly recommended. This is humbling at least, and makes me feel lucky that I decided early on I was not just going to pick a random school. I saw this oversupply coming year 1 of school. I still do not understand these people just matriculating. Go to PA school, med school, dental school, if your'e a nurse go for the FNP, just don't do pharmacy! I am very lucky the company I work for cares about how the profession is seen by the public, since most do not, but they're going against the tide.

In what way does your company address how the profession is seen by the public?