NPR's Story On Pharmacist Surplus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poorguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wait wait don't tell me and click & clack are my favorite.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw a "live" performance of "This American Life" at a local theater a couple weeks ago. It was 2 hours long and worth every penny of the $18 admission fee.

My favorite segment was the one where they interviewed a man who bought a storage locker and found over 100,000 photographic negatives, and put some of the pictures on Flickr just to see if anyone recognized people in the pictures, and not only was one of those people interviewed, user feedback told him that he had stumbled onto a person who was a genius.

I also liked the one with Terry Gross as an action movie hero. I doubt if that one, titled "Fresh Air 2", will be aired on the radio because you have to watch it to appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTVFNZKuN-g

So the pharmacy profession is really fu*cked???????????? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I do?

(I have a very easy rotation right now at an insurance company, so I'll be on here a lot for the next 5 weeks! :D)

I know what you are thinking, marry a Mark Zuckenberg

You got that RIGHT!!!! :D I would marry that guy in a heartbeat! LOL...too bad he is already taken...god, that's one lucky bitch.

She isn't very pretty at all though...I wonder what Mark was thinking...he could find someone that look like Kim Kardashian for what he is worth! :laugh:

The weridest thing was me and like 3 of my friends friend request Mark Zuckenberg a few years ago on Facebook. He deny all my friends' friend requests, but he accepted my friend request on Facebook! LOL...I thought that was kinda funny.

I was friends with Mark Zuckenberg on facebook for like a year or two. :) I just feel kind of special since I have heard that he denies most of his friend request on Facebook. He only has like 700 friends on Facebook.

You got that RIGHT!!!! :D I would marry that guy in a heartbeat! LOL...too bad he is already taken...god, that's one lucky bitch.

She isn't very pretty at all though...I wonder what Mark was thinking...he could find someone that look like Kim Kardashian for what he is worth! :laugh:

The weridest thing was me and like 3 of my friends friend request Mark Zuckenberg a few years ago on Facebook. He deny all my friends' friend requests, but he accepted my friend request on Facebook! LOL...I thought that was kinda funny.

I was friends with Mark Zuckenberg on facebook for like a year or two. :) I just feel kind of special since I have heard that he denies most of his friend request on Facebook. He only has like 700 friends on Facebook.

I thought she was pretty attractive. Plus she's going to be a doctor and men seem to dig Asian women (good for you, right?).

I thought she was pretty attractive. Plus she's going to be a doctor and men seem to dig Asian women (good for you, right?).
ap_facebook_mark_zuckerberg_pricsella_chan_married_ll_120519_wblog.jpg

Facebook-founder-Mark-Zuckerberg-wedding-with-longtime-love-girlfriend-Priscilla-Chan-59036.jpg
1337477942_zuck.jpg

R you serious? That girl looks hot to you? You gotta be kidding....

Yes, hot Asian women get lots of attention and that's great LOL...but that chick is average looking AT BEST. Sorry.

He is worth like 4 billion dollars...he can def do better. I don't know what he was thinking.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
X 4 of that is a closer estimate >_>;

Damn so that ugly chick gets 8 billion dollars if she gets a divorce? Do you know how many Louis Vuitton bags and Christian Louboutin heels I can buy with that????

God, life is so unfair....but I think I still rather die than look like that. LOL....

Last edited:
There is no such thing as ugly chick...
Welcome to the world of cosmetic and surgery

Damn so that ugly chick gets 8 billion dollars if she gets a divorce? Do you know how many Louis Vuitton bags and Christian Louboutin heels I can buy with that????

God, life is so unfair....but I think I still rather die than look like that. LOL....

Jesus. Mark Zuckerberg is not exactly a winner himself. He's ugly and he's known for being one of the biggest douches on the planet. And I'm sure they had a pre-nup so if they divorce she gets nothing. I'd rather be poor and happy than be married to him.

And I think she's pretty. Get a grip.

Well, she might not be a super model but she seems pretty enough to me. They make a cute couple :)

Here's a thought... maybe Mark Z loves his wife for her mind and personality and isn't as worried about looks. Although she is hardly unattractive. Geez...

ITA! Bill Gates' wife is very attractive too, but certainly no supermodel. IMNSHO, her work with the Gates Foundation makes her a beautiful person in itself.

People should get married because they love each other, not as an arm ornament or eye candy.

some of your posts really are despicable.

Girls are the pettiest of haters :D All the money in the world couldn't keep a materialist women satisfied.. you would need a new pair of Louboutin's after every wear, that cheap red crap on the bottom wears off the first time they hit pavement :cool:

"some people are so poor, that all they have is money"

Well, have to agree with SHC for once that Zuckerberg's wife is very so so looking. It's like asking an American where to get good Chinese food, or a Chinese about good burgers. Not that they need glasses, just a combo of different tastes and lack of experience. But whatever floats the boat for that person, just leave well enough alone.

Also, I think any girl who can spot a winner while he's nobody and strick it out deserves half. Although, I grinned when found out Zuckerburg's wedding was the day after the IPO. The guy definitely didn't let love get in the way of prudence.

People like you epitomize why American men like to date Asian women.

I would say that you are a terrible person, but you say it so much more eloquently than I ever could.

They met long before he had money. She completed med school and is starting residency.

How can that be true? He is rich, there is no need to finish med school. Maybe she is afraid that he will "trade up" so she is doing a residency as a backup? Only thing that makes any sense.

So a thread about pharmacy surplus has turned into how ugly Mark Zuckerberg's wife looks :confused:

Well, have to agree with SHC for once that Zuckerberg's wife is very so so looking. It's like asking an American where to get good Chinese food, or a Chinese about good burgers. Not that they need glasses, just a combo of different tastes and lack of experience. But whatever floats the boat for that person, just leave well enough alone.

Also, I think any girl who can spot a winner while he's nobody and strick it out deserves half. Although, I grinned when found out Zuckerburg's wedding was the day after the IPO. The guy definitely didn't let love get in the way of prudence.

Compare to other Asian women she is at the bottom 25% at best.

I would say that you are a terrible person, but you say it so much more eloquently than I ever could.

I am terrible b/c I don't find someone attractive? So in order for me to be a good person I must think everyone is hot? :laugh: I don't get the logical here. :rolleyes:

Girls are the pettiest of haters :D All the money in the world couldn't keep a materialist women satisfied.. you would need a new pair of Louboutin's after every wear, that cheap red crap on the bottom wears off the first time they hit pavement :cool:

I wasn't hating I was just confused as to how 16 billion dollars could only buy that...If he was dating a supermodel than I would be like okay cool.

That's why I always use this on my Louboutins....;)

51qrE7Hy%2BaL._SY395_.jpg

Great.....high school lives on

Great.....high school lives on

I have a book called "Hollywood is like High School with Money." I'll let you borrow it if you wanna read it. :)

I have a book called "Hollywood is like High School with Money." I'll let you borrow it if you wanna read it. :)

No plans to live in Hollywood.
If physical beauty and money are what define your life, I hope you never age beyond 35.

And Zuckerbergs wife is a Harvard grad who just graduated from UCSF Med school. She is a pleasant looking girl and a brain to surpass most. She can probably carry on a conversation with zuckerberg. Much rather see this than see him with a fake gold digging bimbo with bought breasts and spray on tan.

And Zuckerbergs wife is a Harvard grad who just graduated from UCSF Med school. She is a pleasant looking girl and a brain to surpass most. She can probably carry on a conversation with zuckerberg. Much rather see this than see him with a fake gold digging bimbo with bought breasts and spray on tan.

So true and inspiring. Some folks are just jealous.They have to know he had met her before becoming a multibillionaire. She may not be the best looking girl, but she has a brain.

And brains should always win over beauty. Beauty fades but intelligence is forever. And anyway with women who are beautiful but have no substance, they'll get cheated on when the man opts for an average looking woman with substance and the same goes for the other way. But Zuckerberg's wife is pretty to me especially since she is still continuing her education and not relying on his money.

Compare to other Asian women she is at the bottom 25% at best.

I am terrible b/c I don't find someone attractive? So in order for me to be a good person I must think everyone is hot? :laugh: I don't get the logical here. :rolleyes:

She's far from ugly. Her intelligence makes her quite hot to me. She probably has good personality too.

Sent from my PC36100

She's far from ugly. Her intelligence makes her quite hot to me. She probably has good personality too.

Sent from my PC36100

Agreed! Shiny and pretty are only entertaining for so long, but the sweet ones that are interesting keep me around. Also, SHC1984, sometimes the hottest women are the ones who know they're hot but usually like to pretend they haven't noticed. ;) Especially when they know they got us beat, but tell us how great we look anyway. :D

Sparda doesn't seem to be around much these days. I wonder if he is busy driving taxis or just studying for boards...

I wasn't hating I was just confused as to how 16 billion dollars could only buy that...

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a
crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you
suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring
my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my
money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely
that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't
be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning
asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation
accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty
hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in
earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy
and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense
to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case
you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were
to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's
as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So,
I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful"
as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to
believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K
hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then
we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way.
Classic "pump and dump."
I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of
lease, let me know.

Classic "pump and dump."
lease, let me know.

Luckily, not all women agree with said mentality.

Classic "pump and dump."
lease, let me know.

Never heard dating or marrying for money explained in that way and that's so true that a beautiful woman would be a depreciating item over time. But is SHC looking for an ideal mate who'll stay with her through the hard times or just pay for the materiastic things she desires?

Nice copy & paste Pharmacy Kid