NPTE April 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abernardpt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Opening a thread for result posts and discussion on the April 26 NPTE. I for one thought it was a fair exam with decent mix of easy and moderate level questions. Anxious to receive my results this week. Best of luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought the exam was extremely difficult. I scored a 60, 68,68 on the three O'sullivan exams and an 85 and 83 on the two PEAT exams.

I thought the exam was extremely difficult. I scored a 60, 68,68 on the three O'sullivan exams and an 85 and 83 on the two PEAT exams.

The 85 and 83 on the two PEAT exams are a decent predictor for a passing score. Many of my classmates also thought the exam was quite difficult so you definitely not alone. I scored an 83 and an 86 on the PEAT exams and I thought the NPTE was more difficult then the PEAT exams.

Yeah, most of my class passed both PEAT's and thought that the exam was much harder. Crossing our fingers for Tuesday night. Hopefully, all the difficult questions were the ones that are going to be tossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, most of my class passed both PEAT's and thought that the exam was much harder. Crossing our fingers for Tuesday night. Hopefully, all the difficult questions were the ones that are going to be tossed.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are going to be the longest days ever.

It was pretty hard...yeah tomorrow and Tuesday will be the longest days of our lives...best time to pray harder while waiting. Good luck and God bless everyone

I would agree with everyone here that the exam was much harder than the PEAT exams. I'm wondering, what makes you all confident that we'll hear by Tuesday?

I wish I could speed up the next 24 hours. 70 practice exam 76 retired PEAT. I feel like I got between 75-80% of the questions correct. I'm just worried that questions I got right are going to be thrown out and I'll fail by 1-2 questions. All weekend I've been beating myself up for two easy questions I got wrong. That test fatigue is real.

Waiting is the worst! Either way I'll be okay, I just want to know.

I think The exam was moderate . the problem is for the 50 questions that wouldnot be calculated as I missed so easy questions because of stress I hope I can pass I studied too hard but the exam doesnot depend 100 % on studying it needs logic too

I wish I could speed up the next 24 hours. 70 practice exam 76 retired PEAT. I feel like I got between 75-80% of the questions correct. I'm just worried that questions I got right are going to be thrown out and I'll fail by 1-2 questions. All weekend I've been beating myself up for two easy questions I got wrong. That test fatigue is real.

Waiting is the worst! Either way I'll be okay, I just want to know.

This is exactly how I feel too. Got a 77 on the retired PEAT and am really anxious to find out my score.

hi I took the exam last week I felt really good after the first two sections. I thought there were a lot of ok questions but a few were educated guesses. I also am kicking myself as I can think of 4 questions which were easy that I got wrong due to mental fatigue I guess. Hope they are not the difference between a pass/fail.

hi I took the exam last week I felt really good after the first two sections. I thought there were a lot of ok questions but a few were educated guesses. I also am kicking myself as I can think of 4 questions which were easy that I got wrong due to mental fatigue I guess. Hope they are not the difference between a pass/fail.
There's still time to pray...prayer can move mountains

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Scored 78, 74, 72 on TherapyEd and 84, 80, 83 on Scorebuilders. I didn't get around to taking the PEAT. I thought the NPTE was very difficult. I'm not sure if it was difficult because of the content or if it was my nervousness that made it seem more difficult than it actually was, but I definitely missed a lot of easier questions that I should have known after looking back at them. I also almost ran out of time so I had to rush through the last 10-15 questions. I'm very nervous about what my score will be. Best of luck to everybody!!

My PEAT scores were 80% (Practice) and 76% (Retired). I am so nervous...just can't wait anymore!
I am sure we all gave our best shot. Few more hours to go....
Heartiest wishes to everyone...all the best!

same here mental fatigue is the cause more than 4 questions . they were so easy

I thought the test was very hard. However, I avoided mental fatigue during the test. While taking all of my practice tests, I limited my breaks and only took two, one after the second section and one after the fourth. During the NPTE I took a 10 minute break after each section and the included 15 minute break after the second section for a total of 45 minutes of break time. I think it really helped me avoid fatigue. We will see if it paid off!

I thought the test was very hard. However, I avoided mental fatigue during the test. While taking all of my practice tests, I limited my breaks and only took two, one after the second section and one after the fourth. During the NPTE I took a 10 minute break after each section and the included 15 minute break after the second section for a total of 45 minutes of break time. I think it really helped me avoid fatigue. We will see if it paid off!
you took 10 min break after each section ? that mean you made your finger print 5 times ? or you stayed inside the exam room?

My PEAT was 85% (retired) and 84% (practice) and I have convinced myself over the past week that I have failed. I definitely panicked during the test, and consequently, made a lot of stupid mistakes. Overall, I thought it was a very hard exam. I have counted over 25 wrong so far (from what I remember), just hoping quite a few of them were part of the 50 questions that are thrown out. Anxious to see the results!

For future test takers reading this, my advice would be not to rely so heavily on one study guide, and try to supplement that material with class notes. Also, try to remain CALM during the exam and do not let yourself get hung up on one question for too long. And when in doubt, go with your intuition and try not to over-analyze questions. I think that's mainly where I went wrong.

My PEAT was 85% (retired) and 84% (practice) and I have convinced myself over the past week that I have failed. I definitely panicked during the test, and consequently, made a lot of stupid mistakes. Overall, I thought it was a very hard exam. I have counted over 25 wrong so far (from what I remember), just hoping quite a few of them were part of the 50 questions that are thrown out. Anxious to see the results!

For future test takers reading this, my advice would be not to rely so heavily on one study guide, and try to supplement that material with class notes. Also, try to remain CALM during the exam and do not let yourself get hung up on one question for too long. And when in doubt, go with your intuition and try not to over-analyze questions. I think that's mainly where I went wrong.

Have faith my friend

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Guys. Thanks for posting and starting thread.

My wife took the NPTE for her 4th try, and even I'm freaking out!!! She studied so hard but like you guys did good on PEAT 86% (Practice) 83% Retired. But when I ask her how she did, she always says I don't know. This test is to hard to tell! Her last try was for 593, I'm hoping this one passes.

I hope results come out tonight!!

Hi Guys. Thanks for posting and starting thread.

My wife took the NPTE for her 4th try, and even I'm freaking out!!! She studied so hard but like you guys did good on PEAT 86% (Practice) 83% Retired. But when I ask her how she did, she always says I don't know. This test is to hard to tell! Her last try was for 593, I'm hoping this one passes.

I hope results come out tonight!!

What do you think are the primary reasons why your wife is having difficulty passing the NPTE despite studying so hard and scoring well on the PEAT? And in the past, has she usually heard back the night before?

What do you think are the primary reasons why your wife is having difficulty passing the NPTE despite studying so hard and scoring well on the PEAT? And in the past, has she usually heard back the night before?

Well this is the first time she scored high on PEAT, previously when she took PEAT prior who scores always matched PEAT predictions within very close ranges. However, since she repeated this test that is why we are both not 100% confident.

Previously I think some other challenges came up apart from studying like small child, family events etc. This time her sole focus was on passing.

Well this is the first time she scored high on PEAT, previously when she took PEAT prior who scores always matched PEAT predictions within very close ranges. However, since she repeated this test that is why we are both not 100% confident.

Previously I think some other challenges came up apart from studying like small child, family events etc. This time her sole focus was on passing.

My fingers are crossed for her.

Any news on results from anyone, I heard someone from Illinois got a score witheld. Which is normal from past experiences....
Praying for your wife That she will pass this time

Thanks so much guys!!

I just heard someone from Texas received results already

Congratulations to all who passed! I am still waiting on mine...from Texas! Anybody received their scores in Texas?

How late do they keep posting results?

Still waiting on NJ too...
I don't know how late but this is my third attempt so I know how this must feel for you and your wife. My kids and wife have gone through hell with me. Best of luck.

ahhh who knows how the post these results out!! some people within states both have and have not received results